End of Month 1: Swimming Lessons

Y/N's POV

It's the end of our first month on the island. Only Eleven more to go. It's still pretty cold here on the island since it's February. February 28 in fact. Exactly one month since everything happened. One month since we lost so much, we almost lost everything. 

Beatrice was a little older now. She was growing pretty fast. She was starting to be able to sense sound, reach for things in front of her and focus on objects or whoever was in front of her. I found it fascinated that she would follow my index finger with her eyes. She still eats, sleeps, and cries a lot, which is normally. She's still drinking the milk which is good, and Violet luckily finished her crib and even created a mechanism that would slowly rock her to sleep. Now, it was a war between who would tend to her if she woke up and needed to be fed or changed. I was the one who mostly volunteered to do it because I felt closer with her since she was my family. I felt a strong bond with her. The look in her eyes resembled so much of her mother. It made me excited to see her smile for the first time. 

It's noon now and Beatrice was napping in her crib. Sunny and Violet were doing dishes, Charlie was working on a sketch and Klaus and I were reading books on the green couch. 
"Hey, Y/N I was thinking," Klaus spoke up, as he looked up from the book he was read. 
"Yeah?" I responded, but not looking away from my book. 
"So, you know how you always volunteer to stay behind whenever Violet and I go fishing?" Klaus asked. 
"Yeah, because I don't like the water. Not after having several bad memories of the water," I responded, looking up from my book and looking at Klaus.
"Yeah, I know. But I was thinking...would you like me to teach you to swim?" he asked. I froze. I absolutely hated large bodies of water. 
"Uhh...I don't know...I don't want to risk anything..." I responded. 
"I'll be with you every step of the way. Don't worry. I won't let anything happen to you. And the water isn't deep enough for you not to be able to stand. So, you'll be okay. I promise," Klaus said. His words sounded so reassuring, but it didn't make me less nervous then I already was. 
"Okay...I'll do it," I said. Klaus smiled that charming smile of his, which made me smile.  
"Lucky for us, Violet sewed some Polyester, Nylon, PBT and XLA together to create some swim wear for us."
"Okay, is your sister psychic or something or did you already plan to do this a while ago?" I questioned. 
"No and yes," Klaus responded, with a chuckle. He got up from the couch and outstretched his hand for me to take. 
He then led me to a drawer and opened it revealing two different pieces of swimwear.
"Let's go change in the tents," Klaus said. He then took my hand and led us out of the arboretum. 
"Have fun!" we heard Sunny say. 
"Be careful!" said Violet. 
"Stay safe!" I heard Charlie say. 

Walking to the tents with each other was nice. It was quiet, but we could still hear the sounds of the wind and the waves as they crashed on the shore. We reached the tents and I changed into the suit

Once I finished changing, I saw Klaus waiting outside for me in his suit