part nineteen: back here

I love you and I miss you Wonwoo

Wonwoo's eyes buldged out as he sat up. Cold. He felt ice cold. "Soonyoung?" He mumbled as he held himself up by his hands.

He had been on bed rest ever since he'd sent Soonyoung off. "Wonwoo?! Wonwoo! Jeon Wonwoo where are you?!" A familiar voice echoed from the front door.

"Hmm? Who?" Wonwoo grumbled as he blinked around, the light streaming through the door that was opened.

A hurl of footsteps echoed down the stairs as Wonwoo just laid down. He felt like he wanted to just cuddle in the blankets and he wanted to feel a certain somebody's warmth next to him.

What was that voice? Soonyoung's? Wonwoo felt his heart pitter patter as he gazed up at the top of the stairs. A silhouette of someone was covering the light from the top of the stairway. "Jeon Wonwoo!" Seungcheol appeared from the light with a few people tailing along with him.

"You worried me so much! Why didn't you tell me that you already transported Soonyoung?!" Seungcheol's brows were creased as he sat next to Wonwoo's laying body.

"I just want him to go.." Wonwoo waved Seungcheol off as the other groaned. "Why is that kid so damn persistent? Even when you told him you'd be injured pretty much the whole time before he would be back?" Seungcheol sighed as he examined Wonwoo's tired eyes.

"No no, but I swear I heard Soonyoung's voice." Wonwoo's eyes were as round and innocent as a deer's eyes. Seungcheol felt bad, what did Soonyoung have over Wonwoo?

"Here, try to have healing tea" Minghao had made tea in a cup while handing it to Wonwoo. The older being too weak to even hold the cup. "I'll get a straw, you little weakling" Minghao teased as he left upstairs to the kitchen.

"Well, do you think you heard him, or so you think your mind is playing tricks on you?" Seokmin questioned Wonwoo once Seungcheol went upstairs to follow Jihoon, who was following Minghao.

"Erm... I think it's true Seokmin, I swore I heard his voice and everything!" Wonwoo tried his best to sit up once again as he groaned in pain and laid back down.

Seokmin let out a breath of air and glanced at Wonwoo. "Maybe there's something you can send to him while he's on Earth?" Seokmin suggested as Wonwoo deadpanned.

"What? I know it might be a bad idea since you're now kinda weak and stuff, but you can do it! Didn't you already do it when you transported to Soonyoung's house?" Seokmin said, a bit too loud, in Wonwoo's opinion.

"YOU DID WHAT?" Seungcheol gave thundering down the stairs as he held Wonwoo by the shoulders. "Grim reapers aren't supposed to have connections to the real life! That's like the major rule!" Seungcheol looked flabbergasted, his eyes were popping out as his eyebrows were to the crown of his head.

Once the initial shock flew over, he deflated. "You know what, Jeon Wonwoo? Since
you already made that connection to the real life. I don't think you'd have to use that much power to tap into the real world." Seungcheol spoke, defeated.

"Really?" Wonwoo blinked a few times to make sure that the, overprotective, Seungcheol, was joking or not.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Seungcheol
turned his head to Wonwoo as the younger shook his head.

"You indeed look very, serious."

"Go get that boy, Wonwoo" Seokmin cheered him on before stepping upstairs to catch up with everybody.

Wonwoo was just simmering in his own ghostly body. His higher-ups surely could not find out about this. He'd surely be banished forever.