part three: encounter

A ghost stood in his way, Soonyoung tried to find a way around the ghost with a tough build. "You don't seem like you're over eighteen to be here.." The security, as Soonyoung assumed, commented.

Soonyoung let out the loudest groan. "We're ALL DEAD here so why are you security?" He complained as the guard lifted an eyebrow.

"I'm not security, I'm making sure nobody is following my friend and his family." He blankly stated. Soonyoung swore he was losing brain cells the more he stood there. "I'm friends with Seokmin! I have to ask him a question!" Soonyoung tried to break through the barrier which was the ghost. To no avail.

"Really? Well I'm Seokmin's, no, the Lee family's friend." Soonyoung just sighed. Watching the figure of Seokmin wander away farther and farther.

"Will you let me go now? I have no idea where he is now since you're oh so tough and tall." He rolled his eyes as the 'security of Seokmin' huffed, glaring at Soonyoung before jogging off.

Soonyoung was just outside of the party, or club, whatever it is. He huffed, sitting out in the cold emptiness of the trees. Where was this? This seemed as real as it could get.

He wrapped his arms around his knees that were tucked under his chin. I should probably ask how long it takes to be registered for hell or heaven. Soonyoung thought, mentally pinning that onto his mental list.

He was still wearing the thin hoodie that he passed away in. Soonyoung really felt guilt. His family's mourning for him and he can't even see them.

Soonyoung just watched the unmoving gravel until a pair of dress shoes stopped at him, and a hand had extended towards him. "You lost?" The latter lifted his head, squinting since the party lights reflected off of the metal pole nearby. Conveniently covering the stranger's face.

Soonyoung wondered who it was, taking the hand and accepting the help as he was pulled up. He instantly saw the stranger's face. He was handsome to say the least. Jet black long hair, the edges curled around the back of the stranger's neck.

"I'm Xu Minghao." He had a kind smile. Soonyoung just stared into the other's glittering eyes even though the party lights reflections were the only source of light. Soonyoung missed the moon.

"Oh! I'm Kwon Soonyoung, a newbie." He introduced himself once he realized he was staring and zoning out for a little too long.

"A newbie huh? Nice to see you, you're probably needing a house right? You probably don't want to go through the registration process for a free house in your name.. Trust me. It sounds good, but the process literally takes years from my nonexistent soul." Minghao joked and Soonyoung chuckled a little.

"Let's take you to my apartment with my boyfriend, I'm sure he wouldn't mind." Minghao led Soonyoung to the apartment. It was huge, the balconies looked huge by themselves. Considering that isn't even the inside of the place. But Soonyoung missed his cramped house with his sister and mother.

"Here it is! Now excuse me.." The taller of the two left Soonyoung gazing at the structure of the apartments. "Seok-ah!" Minghao ran and wrapped his boyfriend in a hug. "I found a newbie! Can he stay with us?" He showed puppy eyes before Seokmin nodded. "Just until he has an idea of what's going on here."

Minghao returned to Soonyoung's side, pulling him as Soonyoung snapped back from zoning out. Seeing Seokmin in front of him. "Seokmin!" Soonyoung exclaimed, nodding his head in excitement. "Soonyoung! So sorry I had to go. My brothers wanted to spend time at my dearest boyfriend's house since it's fancy."

Soonyoung nodded, "You guys know each other?" Minghao's eyebrows were furrowed. "I met him at the party while waiting for you to get off of your free time of the arts!" Seokmin grinned, hugging Soonyoung and then hugging his boyfriend again. Stroking his cheek.

Soonyoung grinned at the couple, they were cute. Until Soonyoung noticed someone beside Seokmin. Who was drilling holes into Soonyoung's head. If looks could kill, he'd be dead a second time.

"He-Hey! It's you!" Soonyoung's eyes widened as the couple departed from their hug, looking at the panicked newbie.

"It's you.. What'd I say about following the Lee family?" He tilted his head, he seemed so much more threatening without the party lights.

"I swear I didn't! I didn't even know that they were boyfr—"

"Seungcheol, he's fine," Seokmin reassured the buff man. "Soonyoung is fun to be around, plus he's staying around for a little while. So be nice!"

Seungcheol let out a whine, pouting. "But how come he can live with you guys so easily? I want to so I can—"

"So I can see Jihoonie again." Minghao completed the other's sentence snickering.  The two were teasing the security guard, Soonyoung was uncertain of who he was.

This whole place is weird..