part thirteen: reunion

Wonwoo had offered to lead Soonyoung to Jeonghan so they can have a mini reunion. Soonyoung felt fireworks exploding into anxiousness in his body as they walked up to the assigned apartment.

"Why is their names on the board? Are they stuck here?" Soonyoung questioned as Wonwoo paused, tilting his head a liftle as he opened his mouth to answer. "Not exactly, it's like they chose to stay here."

"That's an option?! Why can't I do that?"

"Because you still have a slim chance of going back to life." Wonwoo flicked Soonyoung's forehead playfully as Soonyoung jutted out his lip. He examined the reaper's eyes, his eyes were down-turned in a state of somber emotions.

Soonyoung just smiled, his teeth shining as the door to the apartment opened. "Soonyoung?!" A familar voice rang in his ears as Soonyoung spun around and bolted towards the figure. Jeonghan! He finally got to see him again. It was a miracle or something.

Wonwoo strolled to the door as he bowed, "Jeon Wonwoo, welcome, you two newlyweds." He professionally said as he re-adjusted his coat to fit around his shoulders. Jeonghan just made a confused expression before giving a friendly smile and turning to make space for the guests to come in.

Soonyoung happily stomped into their humbe abode as he saw a fluffy couch and gasped. "Isn't this the one you've always wanted?" Jeonghan nodded and his grin widened, like he was genuinely feeling the emotion of happiness. Wonwoo just watched as the two went on about their lives back on Earth.

"Welcome," A person shocked Wonwoo as he looked over to see Joshua Hong. He's a very pure person (at most times), Wonwoo expected him to go to heaven right after his passing, but there was probably a complication.

The underworld office sucked, the staff look so drained (even if they're dead) and that they don't want to be there. Wonwoo hated going by there for daily dropoffs for the dead.

"Thank you for kindly letting Soonyoung meet Jeonghan again." Wonwoo bowed slightly and Joshua laughed, his voice dripped of honey and soft blankets. "No problem, back in our lives, they were always two peas in a pod, I didn't mind at all. We treated Soonyoung like a little brother."

Wonwoo listened to Joshua as his mind blanked. Why did he sound like Soonyoung's guardian? That sounds so lame. Wonwoo's glasses turned a tint of pink as he covered his face a little.

"You okay?" Joshua tuned him back into the conversation as Wonwoo uncovered his face and nodded. The two raving about the couch were now quiet, and looking at Joshua and Wonwoo.

Jeonghan leaned into Soonyoung's ear and whispered, "Why does Wonwoo seem so intimidating? He's not the guy you were just talking to me about at all? The guy that gazes at you with the warmth of a fireplace and heart of a baker?" Jeonghan denied it as Soonyoung pouted.

"I swear he is! He gives me kisses and everything! He makes me want to stay here.." Soonyoung mumbled the last part so Jeonghan couldn't hear it. He was embarrassed to have a crush on a person, not any person, but a grim reaper. In the underworld.