part twelve: wonder

Soonyoung laid on the couch after finishing up the library and examined his arms, they were his regular skin tone. Wonwoo still hadn't come back from the time he disappeared. Soonyoung should get new glasses for Wonwoo, he smiled at the plan and nodded, heading out of the door.

"Where are you going?" Wonwoo appeared behind him and Soonyoung jolted. "Hey! It's not nice to scare people!" Soonyoung pouted as Wonwoo kept walking towards him.

"H-Hey, back up.." Soonyoung's back was to the door as Wonwoo just placed a hand next to Soonyoung's head, leaning in closer to him. Soonyoung was heating up, how do ghosts heat up? He wouldn't know either.

Wonwoo was inched away from his lips before he grabbed Soonyoung's arms and his eyes almost popped out of his head. "What? What's wrong?!" Soonyoung watched Wonwoo's expression turn from worry to panicked. "I knew it! You shouldn't have touched it."

"Why?"

"It's going to be more impossible to see your family one last time, touching a reaper's assigned accessory speeds up the process for being dead. That means I'll have to use huge amounts of energy to bring you back to life, even if it's for a week."

Soonyoung's eyes widened. He couldn't see his family one last time? Then what about Wonwoo? It's going to drain the reaper's energy and it might hurt him, Soonyoung doesn't want that either.

"Anyways," Wonwoo leaned in closer to Soonyoung and pecked his lips. "I found information on Yoon Jeonghan." Soonyoung perked up at the name of his late best friend.

"He's still here actually, it says he got married in the underworld, here, recently."

"Wait! You can marry each other here?!"

"Yes, ghosts can marry each other."

"Then.. Who is he married to?" Soonyoung asked, he couldn't remember who Jeonghan last dated, it was a lot of people.

"It says, Hong Jeonghan. Formally known as Yoon Jeonghan."

"What?!"

"Yeah, that's why it took a while to find him, he took his husband's last name."

"Who is it!" Soonyoung was eager to know.

"Joshua Hong."

"Joshua Hong?! Him? He's dead?" Soonyoung scrunched his eyebrows. Joshua was Jeonghan's boyfriend before he died. He swore he saw Joshua when he was alive, just about a week before.

"Yes, he unfortunately passed away recently, he found Jeonghan and they immediately clicked again like they did when they dated."

"Ohh, he's really sweet, he and Jeonghan would help me after my soccer games."

"That's interesting, you know what else it's interesting?" Wonwoo asked.

"What?"

"That you still have a chance to be human for a week. It's a wonder that you still do. Usually, that chance is taken once you touch a grim reaper's assigned accessory." Wonwoo explained and Soonyoung felt shy.

"Wait.. You have glasses because you're assigned to? I thought you couldn't see well." Soonyoung tilted his head as Wonwoo laughed, holding Soonyoung's head in his hands.

"Yes, I can't see well, it's a miracle I was assigned glasses. You're a wonder."

I'm a wonder? Soonyoung blushed.