part sixteen: resurrection

Wonwoo felt heat in his soul as he cleared his voice. "Let's get going with your resurrection." He held out a hand for Soonyoung to take. Soonyoung gladly took it, he scrunched his other hand behind himself and bit his lip.

Was this the right choice? If he goes, he'll be back here anyways..

He took the other down the stairs as the lighting got dimmer in the dark and deep room. Soonyoung's breath was taken. The room immediately lit up, a dark purple shimmer shining on the walls. Lighting all the shadows and crevices in the wall.

Wonwoo took a deep breath as he placed the tiger plushie and soccer ball next to him. Sitting (floating, really) on the floor as Soonyoung watched with doe eyes. Eyes swirling with curiosity as Wonwoo shut his eyes. "Now sit in front of me, Soonyoung." He spoke and the other followed, feet shuffling on the floor as he took a seat in front of the grim reaper.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Wonwoo had be to sure the other wanted to do this. Why would he reject honestly? Soonyoung had been asking him this since day 1.

"Yes, I'm sure." A lie. Soonyoung lied as he stared into the other's eyes, deep and empty. Wonwoo nodded, "Now hold my hand." He said as Soonyoung was hesitant to even lift his hand up from his side.

"Don't you need someone to take care of you after I go?" He asked, Wonwoo opened his eyes once more as he smirked. "I can take care of myself, thanks for worrying, Soonyoung." Soonyoung didn't believe him of course. The way Wonwoo answered while he scratched his hand felt like a sign to Soonyoung.

"Also," Wonwoo perked up his head as Soonyoung continued to speak "can you make up a nickname for me?" Wonwoo chuckled.

"Strange you're asking me to make you one when you're about to leave here for 45 days. But I'll make you one anyways, Kwon." Wonwoo bit back a smile as Soonyoung deadpanned.

"Really, my last name is my nickname?" Soonyoung quirked an eyebrow as Wonwoo snickered. "Do you have any suggestions then, Mister Kwon?"

"I don't know, maybe Soon?" Soonyoung shrugged as Wonwoo raised an eyebrow, "That's plain and boring. What about Prince? Since you love to serve me and be so kind to help me."

Soonyoung felt a blush on his cheeks, "I don't serve you because I want to! It's because—"

"You don't?" Wonwoo blinked innocently as Soonyoung began to question himself. He isn't even sure about doing the resurrection, why would he stay here? Thoughts were rummaged by his brain as he zoned out.

"I like you. A lot." A brain fart came out of Soonyoung before he realized what he said. Fuck. Soonyoung's eyes almost popped out of his head if he weren't already dead.

"I mean— Not like— But!" Soonyoung gave up on explaining to Wonwoo,"Let's just continue." He reached out to hold Wonwoo's hand. The other's hand was cold. Now thinking about it, ever since he'd touched Wonwoo's glasses, he'd been able to feel things like temperature.

Strange.

Wonwoo nodded, gripping Soonyoung's hand as he closed his eyes. Murmuring words under his breath as Soonyoung's tiger ratted up plush and his soccer ball floated towards him.

"Goodbye, Prince, for a while." Wonwoo gave a smile that Soonyoung could feel the warmth of. "Bye—" Were the words he was about to say before he heard a zap and a thump.