part twenty one: client

I miss you, Soonyoung.

The other had sat upright, he was back laying on his own bed with Joonyoung padding on his stomach. Like he was pressing bread dough or something. Wonwoo? Soonyoung was now sitting, Joonyoung being launched into his mattress without warning with a hiss.

"Sorry Joonyoung. I thought I heard someone." Soonyoung muttered before looking out of the window. The moon was shining above his home, the moonlight flourishing from the skies to the ground, Joonyoung hopped on the windowsill and laid there.

"It's so pretty tonight, I haven't seen the moon in forever. Maybe I should take a picture, save it for when I get back." Soonyoung noted a mental note to himself as he spun on his heel to find a polaroid camera he got for his eighteenth birthday.

He snapped a picture of the moon and Joonyoung was in it, or was he? Soonyoung had to take a double-take of the scenery he captured. No way, Joonyoung is there. But he isn't in the photo. What?

Soonyoung was utterly confused as he saw Joonyoung's wide hazel eyes flash a sharp yellow hue before returning back to his regular eye color. Hmm, Soonyoung wondered what was up with this kitty.

He lifted up Joonyoung to inspect him, his lips were unconsciously jutting out from his mouth as he checked the cat. "What's up kitty? Do you not belong here?"

"So what do you need help with?" Wonwoo brought Vernon into his home, who was checking out his extravagant home with many shelves. Making an 'oh wow' every time he caught a glimpse of something interesting, or that's what Wonwoo assumed.

Wonwoo hated people looking at his home, it's his business, he also felt like a microorganism under a microscope when people examined his house. But there was one exception, who that was, is very obvious. Wonwoo cleared his throat as an image of Soonyoung pops up in his brain, the moment they pulled away from kissing each other, the time they were practically making out on the couch.

Wonwoo shook his head subtly to take his mind off of that image as he forgot a guest was in his house. "Uh hey, are you mad?" Vernon peeked his head at Wonwoo as he cautiously took a seat on one of the couches.

"Me? No, I'm just content, what about you? You and your spirit animal issue?" Wonwoo questioned as he sat like a therapist, clipboard in hand and his slightly cracked glasses resting on his nose.

"Oh, well, my spirit animal Munyeon went missing a few weeks ago. I can't remember. Like he was a small animal, cute big eyes too." Vernon made hand gestures to try to help Wonwoo envision the animal.

"Well is it like a specific animal? A horse? Dog? Turtle? Cat?"

"Oh yeah he was a cat. He speaks, spirit animals speak right?"

"Yeah of course they do, this is their natural realm so they can do whatever they please."

"Really? Wow, Munyeon usually just glared at me, but he weirdly protects me."

"That's common, spirit animals usually attach to one specific person—" Wonwoo was cut off by a sudden image popping out from Vernon's eye and making a sort of projector photo on Wonwoo's wall.

Soonyoung? Wonwoo gazed at the photo for a bit, staring into the photo as it started again like a live video. "What's up kitty? Do you not belong here?" Wonwoo heard Soonyoung's sweet voice.

Vernon blinked in surprise, "Uhhh, what's happening?" He looked like he didn't want to panic before knowing something bad could be happening.

"Oh, you're connected to your spirit animal, so if something ever happens to them, they'll display a video of what's happening at the moment to try to warn you. But it only lasts twenty seconds." Wonwoo quickly explained as he saw Soonyoung kissing the camera, his plush lips getting bigger as he went closer.

"Oh, so who's this guy and why does he have my cat?!" Vernon's eyebrows furrowed as he pointed at Soonyoung in the screen.

"Funny story, he's a client I recently made human, so he should be on Earth. How did your cat end up on Earth?!" Wonwoo's brain processed after the first sentence and exclaimed in surprise.

"I don't know! He does what he wants!" Vernon cried out.

"Hmm, so we do know he's on Earth, but I don't know how to get him."

"Uhh, yeah you do. You made a connection to his place, I'm assuming where your little boyfriend is." Wonwoo turned in his chair to find Seungcheol leaning against a wall as the screen disappeared and Vernon's left eye became normal again.

"Oh yeah, I did. When I wrote to his, parents."

"You what?!" Wonwoo's current client's eyebrows raised as Seungcheol hummed and nodded.

"I know right?! What did this Soonyoung guy do to him? He sleeps with a tiger plushie now." Seungcheol huffed as Wonwoo glared at him to shut up about his personal life.

"Anyways, your Munyeon is on Earth, I can teleport there, it'll just need energy and time. Because I recently sent Soonyoung there. It's been two days since then."

"Alright."