part ten: need

"I— I need it?" It was was a question to Soonyoung until Wonwoo caged his arms around the smaller and dove into a kiss. That was quick, Soonyoung was thinking as Wonwoo kept nipping at his lips.

Soonyoung felt something blooming inside of his little ghost heart. It felt like seeing rain after a drought, seeing a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, and witnessing snow for the first time. He tried to grip onto Wonwoo's shirt sleeves with his small chubby fingers as he got ahold onto his fancy long coat Wonwoo always wore.

The kiss felt great. Wonwoo's lips were molding onto his own. Soonyoung felt warmth even in this freezing cold apartment. Wonwoo was like the color mahogany. Fancy word, right? It reminded him of when he first found the color, mahogany.

——— flashback to three years before ———

Soonyoung had just left his soccer match. It was exhausting, his bones felt worn out. His friend, Jeonghan, who was impossible to beat in a game of soccer, laughed at him. "Kwon Soonyoung, you can never beat me!" He teased and poked at the tired Soonyoung.

He didn't respond, he felt worn out and wrung dry of his energy. Jeonghan noticed quickly and rubbed his shoulder. "I'll help you study when we get to your place." Oh was Jeonghan a devilish guy, but also an angel inside.

Soonyoung laid on his bed with a huff. He was tired, his sweat probably soaking in the bed, gross. Jeonghan just sat next to him by his legs, he was wearing a concerned look. "You sure you're good?" He questioned as Soonyoung nodded.

His body was aching still. The other team was too rough, but the referee apparently didn't see when they almost crushed Soonyoung.

"Mahogany... You know that color?"

"What is that?" Soonyoung huffed.

"Like a reddish-brown, sort of maroon too."

"Oh okay, it sounds like a fancy name."

"You fool." Jeonghan laughed as he patted Soonyoung's leg rhythmically.

Jeonghan had passed away that year from a hidden sickness he never knew that he had. Soonyoung couldn't function for a while without one of his best friends.

———end of flashback———

Soonyoung felt Wonwoo's lips attached to his neck once he stopped zoning out. He let out a small noise as his eyes widened as he pushed Wonwoo off, surprised. Wonwoo mirrored his expression as he laughed nervously. "Was that too much? My apologies.." He muttered as Soonyoung shook his head.

"Wait!" He shouted while the grim reaper was heading towards the upstairs. The other pausing, most likely wanting to hear what Soonyoung had to say. "I was just.. surprised. I didn't expect something like that to come out of me." He blushed as he tried to reach out to Wonwoo.

He could spot a minuscule hint of a smile from Wonwoo's pale face. The reaper turned around and headed back, his eyes were worried as he held Soonyoung's shoulders. "It was hot, but are you okay? Your face is red." Soonyoung watched as the grim reaper examined his face.

"Yes! I was just thinking about my friend, who passed away three years ago." Soonyoung said it. People says he has a knack of saying things at the wrong times, he doesn't know what that means.

Wonwoo raises an eyebrow as he has a puzzled look. "Your friend? Did you guys date or something?"

"Oh-Oh! No! We just were best friends, you just reminded me of a memory I had. Like a color, mahogany."

"Mahogany?" Wonwoo pulled back, rubbing his non-existent beard as he gazed around.
"That color does fit me if I do say so myself."

Soonyoung just smiled and gasped, an idea sparked in his brain as he pulled Wonwoo closer by cupping his face. "Can we find him here?"

Wonwoo had a look of seriousness and a dark gaze. What does that mean?