part twenty: missing you

Soonyoung was certain that telepathic message didn't go through because that would be outright crazy to think that. He sighed as he lifted up Joonyoung in his arms, the cat mewing as the cat scratched him on the arm.

Fuck! He tried to place the cat down without dropping him before he tended to his arm. squeezing on the scratch before running out in the kitchen to find a bandaid in the drawers. "

"Soonyoung! My dumpling! The brot is ready—What happened to your arm?" His mother rushed over to notice Soonyoung visibly wincing as she yanked his arm from the comfort of holding his arm close.

"Joonyoung scratched me." Soonyoung bit his lip, trying not to cry. It just hurt so bad, did cuts used to hurt like this? He questioned since it's only been a day since he was properly sent here to life. A day since he left Wonwoo. Oh he missed him.

Wonwoo's quietness while flipping the pages of a book, his sharp eyes noticing Soonyoung from across the room and questioning him, the way he would hold Soonyoung in arms and kiss..

Soonyoung's too embarrassed to think about it as he started to heat up, his mom's eyes concerned as she wrapped his arm.

"Are you okay Dumpling?" Her eyes were on Soonyoung as the other still felt his cheeks started to calm down. He nodded while jutting out his lips, following her while she led him to his broth, ready to be eaten.

Wonwoo steadily stood while holding onto the edge of the couch. Suddenly, flashes started happening, flashes of him and Soonyoung. It quickly stopped as he squeezed his eyes shut and opened them, looking around the room. The memories? Why?

"Soonyoung?" He called out, seeing the flashes of him reading and looking at Soonyoung, him wrapping the other in his arms, and pressing his own lips on Soonyoung's warm, plush lips. Wonwoo then saw Seokmin rushing down the stairs.

"C'mon Wonwoo we have to go." Wonwoo was hesitant as the younger's face was persistent to leave, with him either way. The older was shocked as Seokmin picked him up and threw him over his shoulders as they ran out of his cold apartment.

Wonwoo spotted Seungcheol, along with Minghao, Seungkwan and Chan. Also another guy was there, a guy that he couldn't recognize or didn't know. Seokmin placed him down before standing by Minghao's side like a loyal dog.

"Hi, I'm Vernon, my spirit animal is missing." The guy broke the calm silence as Wonwoo nodded and then shrugged. "I don't know how to help you, sorry." Wonwoo tried to walk away as Seungcheol grabbed him back by the arm.

"Be polite! Grim reapers are the only ones able to really find spirit animals. Maybe try to help?" Seungcheol pleaded, less desperate and more forceful. Like Seungcheol would try to lock Wonwoo out of his own house if possible.

Wonwoo sighed as he nodded reluctantly, walking towards Vernon with a very intimidating look, or he assumed as Seungcheol nudged him. He tried to appear friendlier as Vernon seemed unfazed.

"Why are you all here then?" Wonwoo looked in the circle of of friends surrounding them. Minghao, Seokmin, Seungkwan, Chan, and Seungcheol were just looking at them two like there was going to be a fight breaking out or something of the sort.

"Oh! Because, Vernon's me and Seungkwan's friend, I called Seokmin to help, then Minghao tagged along, and then Seungcheol wanted to come and help." Chan piped up happily while going to hold Seungkwan's hand, who blushed a blue hue as he looked behind him like he was hiding his blush.

Wonwoo softened, he was once again reminded of Soonyoung. He missed that boy. He did.

I miss you, Soonyoung.