Chapter 8: Trying to get back normal everyday life

Ever since you got those messages from Takumi you've been very cautious everytime you went out. It made job hunting and shopping a little difficult every time because you didn't know if he was watching you or not.

On your way home from doing a little grocery shopping, you stopped by a coffee shop to get some coffee.   While you were waiting in line you noticed that they had a hiring sign so when it was your turn to go up and order something, you ordered your coffee and then asked if they were hiring.   The cashier said yes and asked if you were interested to which you smiled and nodded in response to, they told you to fill out an application online and you said okay.

After you got your coffee you went home to put away your groceries and to fill out the application right away.   At home you sat on the floor in the living room while on your laptop filling out the application when Mei who was laying on the couch let out a big sigh and said, "Let's have a girls night."

"You just need an excuse to drink." You told her.

"Tch.  So what? Besides we haven't had one in awhile, so let's have one tonight and go to a bar." said Mei.

I don't mind having a girls night but going outside...? I feel uncomfortable about that because of  what's going on.

"Okay, let's ask Kimi if she wants to go." You said to her.

Mei had a big smile on her face when she said, "I already did and she said yes!"

"Okay then.  I guess I'll go get ready." You smiled before heading down the hall to your room.

Mei followed you just to tell you "Wear something nice y'know? maybe something sexy?" after that she left without giving you a chance to say something.

Later that day you guys met up with Kimi at a bar.   She was so happy and excited to see you guys and so were you, she told you guys all about her projects and how difficult they were.
"I'm so glad we decided to have a girls night today.  I really needed it." said Kimi.

"So did I.  Work has been stressful." Mei said.

Meanwhile, you just kept looking around at the crowd of people who were in the bar because you thought you were being watched by Takumi and the thought of that made you feel uneasy.

"(Y/N) are you okay?" Kimi asked.

"Huh? Oh...y-yeah I'm okay." You told her.

"Are you looking around to find some hot guys?" Mei asked teasingly.

"Pfft.  No way! I'm not interested in dating, the last guy was a weirdo.   Way too weird for me." You explained.

They both laughed and agreed with you then Mei asked you guys, "Should we order some drinks and food now?" You both agreed and then ordered some drinks and food.  You and your friends sat at a table in the back of the bar chatting while everyone else was mingling in their own groups.

When you guys got your food and drinks you guys started digging in and drinking.  After you guys finished eating, you guys were just drinking and chatting when Mei said, "Let's go say hi to some guys."

"Why? this is a girls night let's just stay here." You told her while Kimi nodded in agreement.

Mei put her left index finger on her lips and said, "Shhh...it's okay if you meet a guy and leave." she smiled and laughed after what she said.

"Mei are you drunk?" You asked her.

With both hands raised she happily said, "I'm drunk!" You and Kimi both laughed as you guys watched her talk nonsense.