Chapter 20: Country house

By the time you got to the house it was already light outside.  The sun was slowly rising, with heavy footsteps you made your way into the house.   You didn't bother to look around because you were exhausted and worried about Masaru that as soon as you walked into the living room you dropped to your knees and fell asleep on the floor.

Later in the morning when you woke up, you woke up to the sound of Masaru's old phone ringing.  You looked at the screen and it was Mei calling, you answered the phone slowly and said "Hello?" On the other end you could hear Mei sigh before she said "I'm so glad you picked up! Are you okay? Did you make it there safely?" You then told her "Yeah I'm okay..." your voice trailed off and Mei could tell from the silence that you weren't okay.

"Something happened huh?" She asked you.  "He was following us but then he stopped us and then Masaru he-" You paused for a moment because you remembered what happened to him and now you were worried all over again so then you asked "Do you know anything about Masaru? Is he okay!?" You sat up straight and waited to hear what she had to say but while waiting you thought to yourself; I hope he's still alive...I really hope he is! please be okay...please...!

"Yeah he's okay.  He's in the hospital." said Mei.  You let out a long sigh of relief but then you started crying again.  "I'm so glad he's okay! I'm glad he's alive! I was so worried about him." On the other end Mei smiled a little before telling you "Kimi and I will come see you in a bit okay?" You smiled and said "Okay.  See you guys soon."

You put down your phone and sighed while looking around the place. Now that you know Masaru is okay you were able to relax a little, you got up from the floor to go change then afterwards you took your time looking around the house.

On the other hand, Mei and Kimi were headed back to the hospital to go see Masaru. At the hospital after checking in they went to his room. "He's awake." said Mei as she looked at Kimi. They slowly approached his bed then Kimi said "Hey Masaru. How are you doing?" Masaru who was still lying down looking up at the ceiling was a bit confused on where he was, the first thing that he said was "(Y/N)" He sat up quickly but then he flinched. "Be careful! you still need to rest." said Mei.

He looked at both of them then asked "Where's (Y/N)? is she okay? He didn't get to her did he?" They both shook their heads then Kimi told him "She's fine we were just on the phone with her before coming here." Mei nodded and then she said "She made it to the house safely but she's really worried about you."

Masaru sighed with relief and smiled a little knowing that you were okay. "I wanna see her." He said. Mei and Kimi both looked at each other and smiled then Mei told him "We told her that we would go see her in a bit. I'm sure she wants to see you too." Masaru nodded but then he said "I'm worried something might happen to you guys if you go there and then come back with her."

"We'll be fine don't worry." Kimi told him.  "Yeah," said Mei then she asked, "Do you need anything or want anything before we go?" Masaru couldn't think of anything so then he shook his head and told them "Have a safe trip there." They smiled once again and said bye to him before leaving.

Later that day around 12:45 pm they made it to the house where you were at.  You opened the door after getting a text from Mei saying they were there, they hugged you tightly as soon as they saw you then you invited them in and you made them something to eat.  "So how did you know it was Takumi following you guys?" Kimi asked you then you explained to them everything that went down to every detail.

"That must've been so scary." said Mei after you finished explaining to them what happened.  "I know...the whole time I was running I kept thinking about Masaru and feeling bad for just leaving him there." You told her.   "I know you did but he did tell you to run....even if that meant you had to leave him there to die he wanted you to get away hoping you'd be safe." said Kimi while Mei looked at her and nodded.