Chapter 9: Caged like an animal

The following morning you were woken up by Takumi who was hitting the cage to wake you up. He unlocked the cage and handed you a plate with pancakes and a cup of milk. "Here's your breakfast." After that Takumi closed the cage and locked it then just before leaving he said, "I'll come back later for your dishes."

You were about to ask him something but he had already left so you took a deep breath and let out a long sigh before eating your breakfast.

It seems like he's not in a very good mood...I wonder what I can do to change that.

A bit later in the morning at 11:30 Takumi came back to get your dishes and when he came back you quickly asked, "Can I please have my phone?" While taking your dishes out of the cage and locking it up again, he said "No."

"Please Takumi...I just wanna check if the job I applied for sent a reply." You begged him. Takumi was at the bedroom door when he stopped to think about it for a moment before saying, "Fine. You can check that but that's it." You nodded in response and watched him leave the room.

Takumi came back a little later with your phone and gave it to you. As soon as you got your phone you checked your email to see if you got a reply but there was nothing. You looked up to see if Takumi was still in the room and he was, he looked back at you then asked "Are you done?" You shook your head and said "I'll let you know when I'm done."

I wanna see what kind of a message he left this time.

You opened your conversation with Kimi after seeing a message from her.

— Sat, Sept 12, 10:05 —

(Y/N) where are you? Did you have to go somewhere early in the morning?

Yeah sorry.  Something came up.

Huh? What do you mean?

Don't worry about it.  I'll be away for awhile.

After reading through the conversation, you thought to yourself; Yeah I really will be away for awhile because this time... I'm locked up! You looked up at Takumi again who was hovering above the cage waiting to take your phone back.  "Fine you can take it now.." you said to him while handing it over.

Takumi took your phone and just before leaving, he turned the tv on for you then left. You looked up at the tv and sighed. What's the point of turning the tv when I can't even watch it because of this damn thing. You layed down and stared at the top of the cage before closing your eyes for a bit.

Later when you woke up, Takumi was in the room with more food. "Get up. I brought you something to snack on...it's your favorite along with your favorite drink." You sat up and he handed it to you then you ate quietly while looking at him.

"You sure talk a lot way more than you did back then." You said.

"What do you mean? I did talk a lot like this too back then. You just never listened and always walked away." He told you.

"Huh? I never did anything like that. If I did it's because you always said weird things." You said to him before looking away.

"Oh you mean like that one time with that guy? What was his name again..? Oh yeah, Kouta." said Takumi.

"That's right. How did you know he wasn't right for me? I've been meaning to ask you that a long time ago but I never did so now I'm asking you." You turned back around to face him while waiting for his answer.

".....I just knew." Takumi smiled after what he said which left you feeling confused and a bit scared.

There he goes again saying he just knows...but how!? Back then how on earth could he have possibly known that Kouta wasn't right for me?

"Let me go." You told him.

"No.   I can't do that." said Takumi.

"I want to go home so let me go!" You begged while holding onto the door of the cage.

"You are home remember? I brought you back home and to keep you from leaving you left me no choice but to lock you up like this." Takumi explained.

"But why? Why are you doing this?....you can't keep me locked up in this cage like an animal!" You said to him.

"I can and I will.  The more you misbehave the longer you will stay put in that cage and maybe this time I'll even let you starve if you dare to disobey me.  Got it?" Takumi asked.

Fine that's okay.  I'll give in for now to try and get back on his good side, I'll play along until he finally lets his guard down.

"Takumi can you please leave? My head hurts. I want to sleep." You told him.

"Very well then. I'll see you later." Takumi left the room after that.

You let out a long sigh then thought; Alright if I'm gonna play along then I have to get to know him. I want to know why and how did he end up this way? If he has any weaknesses I can use it against him.

While you sat there in the cage thinking to yourself about what to do, you heard footsteps right outside the door.   He's back already!? You layed down with your back facing the door of the room and closed your eyes pretending to sleep.

Takumi slowly walked in and in his hands he held his camera while smiling creepily before taking a picture. When you heard the sound of the camera you thought; Is he taking a picture of me!? Takumi looked at the picture still smiling while he spoke to himself.

"Ugh it pains me to have to do this to you...If only you would've listened and behaved in the first place then I wouldn't have to do this." Takumi started laughing and then he said, "It's okay though...doing this makes it more fun for me..!"

What the hell does he mean by that!? There's something definitely wrong with him and I'm gonna find out what it is!