Chapter 13: Meeting with Kouta

A few days after having that get together with your friends at another coffee shop and seeing Kouta again, you haven't heard from him ever since that day. While you were at work you kept checking your phone hoping you would get a text from him. "Are you expecting an important call or text from someone?" You turned around and saw Masaru over by the sink. "Not really...I recently saw someone I knew from high school and I gave them my number because I assume they wanted to catch up but I guess not." You explained to him.

"Oh really?" He asked before saying, "Well you never know, they could be busy and probably forgot they had your number." You agreed with what he said then you checked your phone one last time before putting it back in your pocket. You looked over at Masaru again who was now washing some dishes so you walked over to him and asked if he needed some help and he happily accepted your help.

"If you don't mind me asking...what made you want to work in a coffee shop?" Masaru asked while you guys washed dishes together. You smiled as you thought about the reason before telling him. "My best friends and I use to go to a coffee shop every once in awhile after school when we were in high school. The smell of coffee beans or the smell of their delicious goods was what attracted me to wanna work in a coffee shop."

"Yeah same here." said Masaru with a smile on his face. "A place like this is good for meeting with friends or meeting new people. It's also a nice place to relax and quietly work." You agreed with him again as you looked at him with a smile.   After you guys were done doing the dishes, there was a customer at the counter waiting to order something.   You both looked at each other then he said, "I'll take care of it.   You can wipe down the tables and then I'll sweep up after I'm done." You smiled then said "Okay!"

You went out to go wipe down the tables and when you barely got started, you got a text from a number you didn't recognize until you read the message and saw who it was from.   It was a message from Kouta letting you know that it was him who was texting you and then he apologized for not texting you sooner then asked if you guys could meet up.  You responded back telling him you guys could meet up but you were at work and that you'll be off soon then he replied saying he'll meet you at your work and wait for you so you told him where you worked and he said he would be there soon.

You smiled while looking at your phone before putting it back in your pocket then continued to wipe down the tables.   Masaru slowly approached you after the customer left then with a smile he asked "What are you smiling about?" You looked at him then said, "I finally got a text." Masaru was still smiling when he said "Good for you."

He walked away to go get the broom and started sweeping.  A bit later while you two were still in the middle of cleaning, Kouta walked in and called your name.  You stopped for a moment to look up at him.  "Hey Kouta." Kouta slowly approached you then said, "It's been awhile.  I'm really sorry I didn't text sooner I was kind of busy with some stuff." You accepted his apology then asked "Do you want anything? I can make you a drink."

"No that's okay.  Thank you though." said Kouta with a smile.  Meanwhile, Takumi was parked across the street from where you work and he was watching angrily. How dare he show his face again. This time I will get rid of him for good. He thought.

When you were done with work, Kouta took you out to dinner where you guys did some catching up. You guys talked a lot about high school then after your food came out you guys ate quietly before he asked you what you were up to now.   You hesitated to say anything before saying, "Oh you know...I've been really busy lately here and there." Kouta nodded then he said "I see."

"I hope it will be okay to see you more often now.." said Kouta nervously as he looked away.  "What do you mean by that? Of course you can.  We're friends after all." You told him.   Kouta smiled then said, "No I meant...I still have feelings for you."  You were surprised by his words and didn't know what to say.