Chapter 12: Coffee date with Mei and Kimi + HighSchool crush

A couple of days later You asked Mei and Kimi if they wanted to grab some coffee if they were both available.   They both agreed and you guys talked about the details over text.  Today over breakfast with Takumi in your room, you were hesitating to ask him if you could meet with your friends.

"Would it be okay if I met up with my friends..?" You asked after taking a deep breath first to calm yourself and get the courage to ask him that question.   "Fine, when will you introduce me to them as your boyfriend?" Takumi asked before finishing his breakfast.

My what!? Boyfriend??? Yeah right that'll never happen!

You laughed nervously then told him, "I'll introduce you next time." Takumi had a big smile on his face while saying, "Good, I can't wait!"

Later after that you got ready to head out.  Once you were ready to go, he offered to drop you off so you didn't have to walk or take the bus so then you accepted his offer and he took you to another coffee shop where you were meeting your friends.

You were lucky to arrive there a bit early before your friends came.   You went in first to choose a nice table to sit at then while you were waiting, they finally showed up.  They were both so happy to see you that you got up to hug them as soon as they came over to the table before sitting down.  "It feels like I haven't seen you in forever!" said Mei after sitting down.

"I know me too! there's just a lot happening right now that I don't know how to explain." You told her.  Kimi looked at you then said "I have a feeling that I know what this little get together will be about." Mei looked confused for a moment but then she asked, "Oh is this about Takumi? Kimi kinda told me what you guys talked about last time."

"Then yeah it is about him." You told her. She nodded in response then Kimi said, "Before we talk about him I'll go order us some coffee." You and Mei agreed then told her what kind of coffee you both wanted before Kimi left to go order it.

When she came back with the drinks she said you guys could start talking about him now then Mei said, "Kimi told me that she thinks he had a crush on you back then and I kinda agree with that but also...I find it weird how he knew your favorite things." Kimi looked at her and nodded then they both looked at you.

"I know I'm really questioning myself about how he knew because I swear I don't remember ever telling him or maybe I have and I just don't remember." You told them before taking a sip of your coffee then Kimi said, "A couple of times when we would walk home or go somewhere...I kind of felt like someone was following us." Mei's eyes widened when she looked at Kimi.  "Oh my god me too! I had the same feeling but whenever I turned to check there was nobody there."

"Right?" Kimi looked at you then asked, "What about you? Did you ever feel that way?" You nodded in response before telling them "I felt that way whenever I was by myself."

"How is this related to Takumi though?" You asked them. They both shrugged and quietly drank their coffee. "Anyway he was actually really cute I'm surprised there weren't any girls trying to get his attention." said Mei. "Yeah me too." said Kimi after putting her cup down then you said, "It seemed like he didn't have very many friends.   I felt kinda sorry for him.  That reminds me I bumped into him once while grocery shopping and we went to his house to hangout."

"Really? What did you guys do?" Kimi asked.  You shrugged in response while thinking about it then after thinking about it you finally said, "We talked for a bit and had hot chocolate but...I can't remember what happened after that." Mei then said that she thinks you might've fallen a sleep or something but you denied that happening.

"Do you guys remember what happened with Kouta that one time?" You asked them.  They both nodded then Mei said, "I really thought maybe you two would go out but for some reason he started acting weird." Kimi agreed then she added "It seemed like he actually liked you but who knew he would turn out to be such a jerk." You smiled and laughed at her response.

"I wonder what he's up to now." You told them before taking another sip of your drink.   Meanwhile, a familiar face walked into the coffee shop while you and your friends were chatting.

"Ooh look who's here..!" said Mei after she looked up and saw who it was then Kimi asked, "Who?" before she also looked up to see who Mei was talking about. "Oh my gosh is that Kouta?" You turned around and saw him slowly approaching the counter. "It is him." You said.

I can't believe it's Kouta! Oh my gosh I haven't seen him in forever and I was just thinking about him too...

"Kouta!" Mei shouted. He looked around until he saw your table then waved at you guys. After Kouta got his coffee, he walked over to your table to say hi. "Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've seen all of you." said Kouta after he approached the table. "Yeah it has!" said Kimi. You looked up at him and when you did, yours met his. Kouta smiled at you and asked "How've you been?"

"Good. You?" You asked him. "Same here, I can't believe it's been such a long time." He said. Mei then asked him if he had some time to chat and if he would like to join you guys but then he said he couldn't because he was busy.

"It was nice seeing you Kouta." said Kimi. Kouta smiled and nodded then when he looked at you he hesitated for a moment before asking, "If it's okay...can I have your number?" Mei and Kimi looked at each other then looked at you waiting to hear your response. You smiled back and said, "Sure!" So you gave him your number before he left then afterwards you and your friends squealed and talked about it so they could tease you.

Mei sighed happily as she sat back in her chair and said "We should do this more often." Kimi agreed with her then said "Yeah we barely see each other these days." All you could do was just nod while you sat there thinking to yourself.

I love my friends and I wanna spend more time with them but...I'm having a difficult time because of Takumi so I don't think I can meet with them often as I want to.

Later that day after spending some time with your friends, you went back to Takumi's house. At his house it was quiet when you got back so you went up to your room to watch tv while sitting on the floor. While watching tv you began thinking about the conversation you had with your friends and about that time when you were at Takumi's having hot chocolate.

We did talk and had hot chocolate but...did I really fall asleep because of it? Was I tired that day? Maybe I was and I did fall asleep...it's kind of strange though. You got lost in your thoughts thinking about it along with other things you tried to remember.