~Bonus chapter~

The first year you spent with Takumi helping him become a better person, you talked him into going to therapy but he refused to do that. He kept refusing every time you brought it up so you suggested he write down his thoughts instead.

One morning over breakfast you two sat quietly together when you asked, "Have you been writing in the journal I bought you?" Takumi looked up from his plate and nodded with a smile.  You smiled back as you two ate quietly once again.

"I've been writing in it here and there but mostly at night when I'm feeling down."

"Really? I'm glad you're using it well."

After breakfast, Takumi helped you with the dishes and chores around the house. That afternoon when you got ready to head out, Takumi grabbed you by the arm firmly.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Ow! Let go, you're hurting me!"

"I'm sorry!" Takumi let go and dropped to his knees hugging your legs, "Please don't leave me! I didn't mean to hurt you, please don't go!"

"Shhh. It's okay, I'm not going anywhere. Did you forget? We're going to see your aunt today like we talked about, remember?"

"Oh, that's right. I'm sorry I forgot."

"It's okay, are you ready to go see her now?"

At his aunt's house, you guys sat with her in the living room talking about Takumi while she shared with you a photo album she had of him when he was younger.   It made you happy to see that his relationship with his aunt was better than before.

"Are you guys done looking at my pictures? It's embarrassing."

"Oh, Takumi don't be so embarrassed. You were such a cute little boy!"

"Yeah, I agree with your aunt. You were so cute back then."

"Alright, I get it! Jeez...we didn't come all this way just for pictures right? Come on you two let's go out to eat or something."

"Okay, okay. Where do you two want to go?" his aunt asked.

"Anywhere but here. Come on let's go."

Takumi rushed out of the house with his face all red leaving you and his aunt behind to laugh at how cute he was.

"Thank you for making my nephew so happy.  I haven't seen him like this since he was a little boy, it means a lot to me."

"No problem.  It means a lot to me too, I'm glad you two have a better connection than before."

"Do you think he will reject the idea of spending the night?" His aunt asked.

"I'm not sure but I think he'll agree to it."

"Really? Oh, I hope so, I want to spend more time with him."

Over dinner, his aunt asked him about spending the night which she was hoping he would so they could talk some more. Takumi looked at you waiting to hear you say something about it but when you told him you agreed with the idea he seemed a little hesitant.

The following day, you haven't heard from Takumi all morning.  You waited and waited for a call and by the time it was already the afternoon, Takumi finally called.

"Hello?"

"Takumi? I haven't heard from you all morning, how's it going over there?"

"Good.  I'm sorry I haven't called until now, were you worried?"

"Yeah.  Have you eaten yet?"

"Yeah.  Oh if you're wondering, I did bring my journal with me and I did a little writing in it last night after I talked with my aunt."