Chapter twenty-four

"you probably know why you're here, so let's not waist each other's time and get straight to it, why did you do it?" She asked him and her icy cold voice sent chills up his spine.

He wasn't afraid of her, but damn she gives you that kinda vibe...

"He deserved it, don't defend him." He leaned back in the red comfortable chair, gazing straight into her blue eyes.

"I'm not defending anyone, i just thought you were a little smarter, but here you are, disappointing me, again." She blew a thick cloud of smoke in the air.

His hands fisted on his knees, he knew what she was doing, she was provoking him, trying to get under his skin, but he's not gonna give her that satisfaction.

"If you're looking for some kind of apology about what I did to Spencer, you're so far from getting one." he crossed his arms over his chest, challenging.

He saw a smirk forming on her red stained lips, she leaned on her desk, giving him a full view of her half exposed breasts, living almost nothing for the imagination.

"You know Jason, I love the way you show off your balls, but I'm afraid that won't help you keep your seat in the agency, now would it?" She cocked her head to the side as her lips were set into a pout.

What was that?

Was she threatening to kick him out of the agency?

Like hell she would.

He was an important member in this department, he gave it everything and now she's threatening him?

Who the hell does she think she is?

Just because she is the boss she goes bossing and kicking out whoever she wants?

She must have sensed the tension cause she leaned back on her chair, putting on an evil smile provoking him further.

"So, Jason, what do you have to say for yourself?" She asked him in that nerve-racking sweet voice of hers that had him gritting his teeth.

"Spencer provoked me, saying shit on purpose, knowing that it will put me on the edge, so in my opinion he deserved getting his ass beaten, and if that wasn't okay I hope you'd show me your best." After throwing his bomb he stood to his feet and walked out of her office.

He exhaled deeply, emptying his lungs from the toxic air he breathed in the office, that provoking bitch.

He saw the secretary walking towards him, now she had pulled down her blond hair and unbuttoned a few buttons of her shirt, exposing just a little of her flushed breasts.

"Can I help you with anything else, Mr. Wick?" She asked him sweetly, butting her eyelashes at him innocently.

He eyed her for a short while, considering the invitation, before reaching for his sleeves, rolling them us his elbows.

He could use some relaxing time after his conversation with Elisabeth.

"Could you show me where the bathroom is?" He asked her putting on one of his charming smiles that had her blushing.

"This way." She gestured towards the hall in front of them, giving him a full smile with twinkling eyes, invitation accepted.

▪️▪️▪️

S

he checked her makeup in the rearview mirror as she undid the safe belt in her car.