Chapter one

"I can not believe this is happening again!" Wick shouted as they entered the casino around 10 pm.

Everyone turned their heads towards him as he kept walking back and forth angrily, mumbled multiple curses under his breath.
He was close, so damn close to finally catch Sebastian Bonanno, that bloody murder who killed his brother two years ago, and they got information that he's in here, but where's he?

The secret agent put his hands on his hips now feeling the adrenaline burning his blood, suddenly he felt a hand rested on his shoulder, he jerked his head towards his partner who let his hand fall back against his hip, "come on Jason, he's not here." Mike said as he jerked his head to their guys who lowered their guns and stepped slowly out of the casino.

Jason looked at his partner with bloodshot eyes, "No!" He roared feeling himself loosing his control, "he was here Mike, I can feel it in my bones." He turned around him again looking for any sight of Sebastian, his feeling never failed him before, never.
His eyes laid on the barman who made his way towards with anxious look on his face, "may I help you gentlemen?" He asked politely wrapping his hands together nervously.
Jason shoot him a look that made the young guy took several steps back, he walked closer to him trying to be calm as ever, "where's Bonanno ?"
The guy's confused expression didn't change, "sorry sir?"
"I said..." Jason hissed through his teeth feeling his hands clenching into tight fists, "where's Bonanno !" His tone almost broke through the window making the innocent jump backwards, Mike's hand grab his arm tightly, "Jason." He warned as the rest officers stood silently waiting for the order to engage.
Jason jerked his arm from his partner to grab the young guy from the coller of his shirt now catching everyone's attention in the casino.
"If he was here, and you're not telling me, god help me I swear I'll fucking take your stupid head off your body and you'll never see the light again." He threatened glaring at the kid in his hands who's now crying, begging for him to let him go, telling him that he had no idea about who's talking about.

"Enough!" Mike's firm tone caught his attention, he let go of the barman who fell on the ground burring his face in his palms.
Jason turned on his heels grabbed a drink from the counter making his way the the door, the officers backed off making a way for him, no one would ever dare to annoy him in such a mood.
The strong liquid burned it's way down his throat, then he threw the empty glass causally on the ground breaking it into a thousand prices.
He was mad, nothing would ever put an end the the fire that's been burning his soul two years ago since his brother's been murdered in front of his eyes, not being capable to help him as he saw his brother's helpless body hit the ground roughly with a black whole between his eyes, a bullet that came out of the Bonanno's gun.
Him and Jake were best top agents in the department, the chased down the biggest criminals in New York City and always got the mission done.
The day Jake passed away he took two things with him; a huge part of Jason's body that will never be replaced and a promise, a promise to take down Sebastian Bonanno and put an end to his dirty work, even if the only way to do so was completely against the law.
The Bonanno family was his target now, and it the only reason that kept him holding on his life so tight.

"For the love of the Christ Jason!" Mike's voice cut through his thoughts, "how many times do I have to tell you to put your feelings aside when you're doing your job."
Jason rolled his eyes at his partner as they made their way to the car, he knew that Mike was right, you must leave your emotions behind you when you work, it was a rule, but he just can't help it.

"You're okay?" Mike asked as he started driving back to the department, he knew that Jake was everything to him, since his father passed away although that his mother still alive, but it's wasn't the same, Jake was also Mike's friend, so he understands he's partner's pain.
"What do you think?" Jason replied not taking his eyes off the window, he really don't wanna have this conversation with him now.
Mike let out a longe exhale in response, he took the walky talky from his pocket, "we didn't find Bonanno, now we're heading back to the department." He said through it.
"Copy that." One of the department employee answered before the line went dead.
Mike put the Wally talky back to his pocket and continued on driving silently.

▪️▪️▪️
Hello hello hello!!!!
So this is the first chapter in Pretty Lies, I really hope you enjoyed it and if you did plzzzzzzzz vote and comment, luv u all
_Romantica 🥀