Santa or Satan? Pt.2

Her blood stained my hands as I stared there in shock, holding her tight.

"I don't wanna die." she whispered.

"I know, I know. You're gonna be okay." I whisper back.

We snuck out and made our way into town using one of Alaric's cars. He has so many, we highly doubt that he will notice that this one is missing. I parked outside of the Mystic Grill.

It was snowing in Mystic Falls, Virginia today. The icy sidewalk glistened like crushed diamonds. Jed slipped onto the sidewalk falling on his ass and we all burst out into laughter.

As soon as we entered, we were met by the bitch herself Dana.

"Ew gross." Dana says as we run into her.

"God damn it." Jed whispers under his breath and we all stifle a laugh.

"Oh it's you guys. Aren't you supposed to be at your fancy boarding school getting it ready for us to come and win the trophy?" she puts her arms on her hips staring at us.

"With Bentley's original song, we highly doubt that." Hope fires back crossing her arms.

"You write songs? How did I not know?" she says and for some odd reason her whole demeanor softens.

"Maybe because the whole relationship was about you." I murmur.

"You can't tell me that what we had was all terrible. We dated for a year Bentley. I was there for you through everything." Now it was my turn for my demeanor to soften.

She's not wrong. Dana may have been a bitch, but she was there for me through a lot. My dad was dying and she didn't know she was dealing with it, but she dealt with my first-turned werewolf tendencies before Hope and Alaric swept me up.

"Until you cheated on me, not once, but twice." I say.

Everyone went around and did their ooo's before she stormed past without another word. The gang pushed me towards an empty table, but I turned back to look at Dana leaving the restaurant.

"I'll be right back. I forgot my wallet in the car." I say to them and run out of the restaurant.

I looked around to try and find her to see she was unlocking her own car.

"Dana wait!" I yell jogging towards her.

"What Bentley?" she says obviously angered me.

"I'm sorry. You're right. Just my friends, you haven't been very nice to them." I say pointing back towards the restaurant.

"I don't care. I know what you really think of me. It's fine." she says as she shuts the car door.

I release a puff of cool Mystic Falls air and watch as she backs out of her parking spot. I wave softly, but only to be met with an eye roll.

I went back inside the restaurant to find that my friends were already sitting with the waitress me and Josie had.

"Hey Hayes Jr." she says with a smile as I take the empty seat at the empty booth next to Lizzie, "Same vanilla milkshake?" she asks.

"Yes please." I smile at her and she takes off.

"Flirting with another girl, classic Bentley." Lizzie says and I roll my eyes.

"Gross. She used to know my dad. They were friends in high school." I say nudging her softly.

"Yeah plus B here has a cr-!" Kaleb starts to joke about my crush on Josie.