Santa or Satan? Pt.1

A/N: All of the songs Bentley writes is not original they're written by Shawn Mendes. I hope you guys are enjoying the story!

Josie's lips were so close to mine. She looked from my forest green eyes to my lips. Then back up and back down, it happens in a quick flash. She started leaning in and I moved my guitar strap so my guitar was on my back.

I placed my hand softly on her neck as her hands cupped my cheeks. Our lips were mere inches apart when all of a sudden an applause filled the room.

* 1 week ago *

Santa's Winter Showcase Sign-Ups was in big bold letters on a piece of paper. The annual winter showcase and competition that happens every year. Because not only are we supposed to show the rest of Mystic Falls that we're athletic, we need to show them that we're artistic too.

"How excited are you to perform?" Hope slides up next to me, while nudging my shoulder.

"Perform? That's a good joke." I say still staring at the sign-up sheets.

"I don't know. From what I've heard you're a good singer slash guitar player." she nudges my shoulder again.

"Yes good in the shower." I answer sarcastically and she laughs.

"I don't know about that Bentley. I also heard you're a great songwriter." We turn around to see Penelope standing there with a smug smirk on her face.

"God...she's literally everywhere." Hope mumbles and I stifle a laugh.

"And how would you know that?" I ask.

"Just call it a hunch. I think with your amazing songwriting skills Salvatore Boarding School could really win it this year." she pats my shoulder before walking past me and Hope.

There's no way she should know about the song I wrote right? That would be horrifying.

"So you wrote a song?" Hope has a smirk on her face.

"No." I bring my finger to my lips and start biting my nail staring at the signup sheet.

"You so did!" she says, "Let me read it please!"

"What are you talking about?" I ask looking back at the signup sheet to see no one has signed up. She gives me a look and I finally cave, "Fine follow me, but you're not telling anyone."

We entered my bedroom which didn't have the gross smell anymore. Thanks to Lizzie and her amazing works. We ended up cleaning my bedroom and lit up smell candles to make it in tip top shape.

I headed towards my locked drawer and opened my songwriting journal. And flipped open to the Song For No One.

"A Song For No One or well..." a smirk arises on her face, "A Song for Josie Saltzman. You wrote this for her?"

"It seems like most of the songs or well at least lyrics I've been writing lately are about her." I say shyly and she smiles softly.

"You know I'm rooting for the two of you." she says.

She looks back down at the journal and starts reading the song. After a few more awkward minutes she looks back up with a smile on her face.

"Can you play it for me?" she says with a big smile on her face.

"I don't know. It's a little rusty, I've been a little rusty...lately." I say and she gets up from out of the bed to grab my acoustic guitar.

"Play it." she sternly says, handing the guitar to me.

I start to play the first few notes. My fingers move along with the chords that I've been playing for the past week. I've played it so much it's become second nature.