Ability Aquired: Existential Crisis

Josie's POV

"We have to find her!" I yell, tears falling down my face.

    Lizzie runs over to me, embracing me in a tight hug, "We'll find her Jo. Don't worry, we got the Super Squad here. We'll find her."

    "Dr. Saltzman, you need to let me do a locator spell. It's the only way we're gonna find her!" Hope exclaims and he nods agreeing.

We put Bentley's phone on the middle of the map. Hope breaks the neck of the rat and I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to see the poor little guy die. We hold each other's hand and say the spell that Hope taught me not too long ago.

    The blood dripped onto the map, allowing the magic to find wherever Bentley is.

"I see it!" Lizzie says, pointing on the spot on the map.

    Hope and I open our eyes to see the spot in Mystic Falls, "Wait is that?" I begin to say.

    "Her old house!" Lizzie says.

    "Let's get going!" my dad says and we all rush towards the car.

Bentley's POV

"Wake up sweetheart!" Jed says shaking my bodily rapidly, "The show's about to begin. I heard the car turn off right out front."

    "No! You lay a hand or finger on any of them and I swear to God." I threaten and he shoots me down.

As if on cue the door to the bedroom falls on the ground with ease. And then I knew exactly where I was.

    My old house.

    MG was standing there, his vampire teeth out and the veins appearing around his eyes. He goes in using his vampire speed to beat him up, but Jed quickly recovers from the move pushing him onto the ground.

"Holy shit! I actually punched him!" he exclaims.

Kaleb pushes him onto the ground, but Jed kicks him square in the chest. Flipping back up in the process. Dr. Saltzman comes in with his crossbow, the twins right behind him.

"Ben!" Josie exclaims rushing to my side.

    I shake my head rapidly, "You need to get out of here! You can't be here right now!" I yell at her.

Dr. Saltzman shoots Jed with one of his arrows, but he just catches the arrow that was shot at him. And it seems to crumble in his hands.

"Nice try." Jed with a sinister smirk, throwing it back at Dr. Saltzman, hitting him right in the shoulder.

    "Agh!" Dr. Saltzman yells, holding onto his shoulder.

    "What the hell do you want?" Lizzie asks, standing with her arms crossed.

    Jed laughs right in her face, "Now I would tell you my evil scheme, but that would be dumb. Don't you think?"

Hope comes out from where she was hiding, stabbing him right in the back. He lets out a painful groan, but immediately recovers. A stabbing sensation starts poking through my own back. But it automatically stops as he pulls the stake out of him with ease, smiling coyly.

    Jo tries untying the restraints off of me, but is met with an unbearable shock. She looks down at her and sees a second degree burn staining her hands.

"Oops, I forgot to remind you guys of that. Trying to get my best friend Bentley here out of the restraints will lead into pain, that will only make me stronger. Sorry I should've warned you of that sooner." he says, sarcastically.

    "Is there anything else we should know?" Hope asks, her hero-look in her eyes.

    He pretends to ponder for a little bit, "Ahh yes!" he says, pointing at Hope, "I mentioned how me and Bentley are best friends, right? Well we're also linked."

Jed takes the wooden stake that was once in his back and stabs himself right in the stomach. He lets out a small groan and I struggle to breathe, feeling as a magical sensation stabs through my stomach.

"Stop! You're hurting her!" Josie yells, trying to help your phantom pain.

    "Darling..." Jed lets out in between gritted teeth of pain, "That's the whole point."

He then pulls it straight out of his stomach causing me to gasp for breath. I lean my head back against the chair, trying to not look scared for Jo. But in reality I'm fucking terrified.

    She touches my cheek lightly, wiping away the beads of sweat off my forehead, and tears in her eyes. I try to give her the best smile that I could to let her know that I'll be okay.

"And before you get any ideas." Jed says, snapping us out of our gaze. The wooden stake penetrates my stomach with ease. I yelp, letting out small little whimpers, "You hurting her won't hurt me."

    "What do you want?" Dr. Saltzman asks, desperately trying to find some way to save me.

    "Landon Kirby." he states simply, "You give me Landon Kirby and I'll give your precious little wolves back. And I'm a very impatient person or well...spirit, so I think you should get a move on. Because that bell tower up in the middle of Mystic Falls would lead to a great dying point for our little friend here."

Everyone looks at each other. Each of them fighting themselves in their head if they should give Landon up.

"So here's the plan. You have until 9pm to give me the boy or both Jed and Bentley, get the end of the double edged sword. Now if you'd excuse us."

With a snap of the fingers me and Jed's body disappears, ending up right where he told them the two of us would be. Inside the very top of the Mystic Falls bell tower.

"What do you think they'll do Bentley?" he asks, looking at you with a smirk on his face.

    "Because I can't wait to find out."

Josie's POV

My dad paces back and forth with an arrow still sticking out of his shoulder. He rubs his face with his hands, scratching at his scruffy beard.

"Dad, what are we gonna do?!" Lizzie exclaims.

    "I don't know!" he yells, "I promised him..."

    "Promised who what?!" my twin asks him, desperate for some type of answer.

    My dad turns towards her, stress emitting off his body, "I promised Bentley's dad that I would protect her! If I let her die, to save another student, I break that promise. They can't die."

    Lizzie's face softens, "So what are we gonna do?" she asks.

    "I don't want to call this person, but I know they have a lot of knowledge about this spirit." my dad pulls out his phone, "God damn it..."