...Is a Lie

5 months earlier

It's crazy how fast things change in a blink of an eye. As me and Hope were starting to fall deeper into the mud pit, everyone else was off doing their own thing.

"C'mon Jo Jo, pick up, pick up, pick up," Penelope was murmuring after she was getting straight to voicemail.

She looked around her room and grabbed one of her pens sitting at the desk, ripping away multiple sticky notes, writing down different things: remember bentley quinn and hope mikaelson

She constantly wrote it over and over again, like she'll actually forget.

Jo finally answered the phone as Penelope was writing down a few more things: a hybrid and a tribrid! REMEMBER THEM!!!

"Penelope, what's going on?" Jo asked, concern lacing her voice.

"Hope and Bentley, they're gonna jump in Malivore, they think that's how you defeat it, but they don't know for sure," she rushed out, afraid for how much time she has left.

"Wait what??" Jo asked.

"I don't know! It just happened, there was a whole letter that she wrote practically saying goodbye and I confronted her and she told me, but I can't stop them I don't know how," Penelope rambled as she ran to her journal full of secrets and ripped out the letter, throwing it onto her desk.

There was a moment of silence before Josie finally spoke up, "How to stop who?"

Penelope tried to think back at what she was talking about, but her mind was coming up blank. She looked down at the notes and mess in front of her, she cleared her throat, "I uh I don't remember, but I think we have another mystery on our hands. We'll talk about it more when you get back. Have fun Jo Jo,"

"Uh okay? Bye,"

4 months earlier

"So what's this new mystery you called us for Satan?" Lizzie asked, leaning over the desk of someone's unknown dorm room aka Hope's room. Dr. Saltzman had this specific room closed for just this research.

Penelope rolled her eyes at the new nickname, "Ever since you guys left the monsters have stopped coming which only means one thing that someone closed the pit that Raf threatened us with,"

"You think that these people that you wrote down, they're the ones who stopped the pit and erased themselves to save us?" Jo asked, her eyes scanning over the letter that I left, but not the whole thing. Her eyes were focused on the same paragraph, the paragraph that has been haunting her since she came back.

"I don't think so, I know," she corrected the brunette twin, "Think about it, their stuff is still lying around the dorm rooms. That's what Dr. Saltzman's paper tells me that this dorm and another were assigned to these two students: Bentley Quinn and Hope Mikaelson,"

"If you have your file why don't we look for pictures of them?" Lizzie asked, looking around the room she used to stay at all the time. She didn't know it, but this is where she found solitude in the arms of a now stranger in her eyes.

"Your dad has this smart rule that our file doesn't have our picture in it, just in case people came in and decided they wanted to target supernatural kids," she explained.

"And was this note written by Bentley or Hope?" she asked.

Penelope picked out a couple of papers to show her, "I wondered the same thing until I went through their rooms. Bentley's handwriting is a match. I tried searching for photos and stuff like that in their room, but they seemed to have taken all of that with them,"