Two Birds, No Stone. Please Don't Kill My Bird

It was quiet, the dead of the night in the library of the Salvatore School. My nose deep in a book as the words started fuzzing all together. Hope and I were in desperate search of anything about Malivore, but not even a library full of every supernatural history book in the world could find a drip of what this needs to be.

Hope was sitting next to me, reading a book of her own. Obviously, this pit has to be somewhere in a book, I mean it ripped away thousands of monsters who are known to be folklore characters. I finished the last page of the book and closed it, slamming it onto the table.

"Nothing?" Hope asked and I shook my head.

"Nope and it's so frustrating! Raf and Landon are trying to get to me, that means they'll hurt anyone close to me. There's too many people at stake here, Hope," I tell her, placing my head in my hands.

"I know, I've talked to Dr. Saltzman and he's thinking about sending both your mom and the twins off to Europe with Caroline for a couple weeks. Just enough to get us to try and figure everything out and enough that if Raf and Landon want to strike again they won't be here for it," she explained and I let out a sigh.

"You know the twins are going to want to stay," I tell her.

"The girls are gonna get mad at us," she pointed out and I hummed in response, "But we need to keep them safe,"

I thought about it for a while then I nodded, "Yeah, you're right," There was quiet for a little bit before I decided to speak up again, "I'm gonna head to bed, we'll look over more tomorrow,"

"Goodnight B, we'll figure this out, I know we will," she whispered and I nodded, giving her a tight-lipped smile.

I headed back to my room, unlocking it with my key to see Jo curled up underneath my sheets. The hoodie that she stole from me, earlier today hugging her body as her hood was overhead. I smiled to myself, before slowly getting into bed next to her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist pulling in closer to her body, placing a kiss to the back of her head. She shifted in my arms to face me, her eyes fluttering open ever so slightly. A sleepy smile appearing on her face, I leaned forward kissing her forehead before pulling her closer.

"What time is it?" she mumbled.

I reached my arm out for my phone on the bedside table. The bright light causing me to squint, "It's 2:56," I whispered to her, placing my phone back down.

"Did you guys find anything?" she asked, her eyes still closed.

"No, but it's okay. Get some rest now Jo, I'm right here," I placed one more kiss to her forehead before resting mine on top of hers, listening to the soft sounds of her snores slowly start to fill the room.

Sunshine peaked through the thin curtains and I buried myself deeper into the warmth that was Josie Saltzman. I knew it was early, mostly because I didn't get much sleep last night, but I felt an arm sneak around my waist under the covers. She tugged me back into the warmth and a smile stretched from my lips.

Her lips were soft as she pressed kisses along my shoulder and I sighed happily, grabbing Jo's hand against my stomach and intertwining our fingers together, "Good morning," she mumbled tiredly, smiling when she continued kissing all over my face.

"Good morning," I whispered against her lips softly as I turned onto my back and pulled her on top of me. She bursted out into giggles against my lips.

The once soft and chaste kiss took a different turn. With each peck of the lips it became more heated as her hands woven through my hair. Her mouth trailing from my lips and down to my neck.