I Cheated Death and He Wants a Divorce

"Thank you so much for coming, Lydia," Dr. Saltzman said to the auburn haired girl, "We've been trying to solve this mystery for awhile and hope you could help,"

Night was sweeping over the Salvatore Boarding School. The younger kids were sleeping softly and soundly in their beds, most of the older kids too. But the Super Squad was in Hope's room for their final push to try and figure out who Bentley Quinn and Hope Mikaelson are.

They weren't the only ones who were awake though. Me and Hope were in our rooms looking at the first flight out of the place we used to call home. I let out a sigh before coming across a flight to Ontario, Canada.

"Canada seems nice?" I suggested.

She chuckled softly, "I always wanted to go to Canada," she admitted.

"Canada it is," I whispered sadly.

Hope placed her hand on my shoulder giving it a soft squeeze before grabbing her luggage. The two of them begin to pack their stuff to start a new life.

"I'm glad to help," she told him before introducing herself to the rest of the squad.

"So how does this work?" Josie spoke up, eager to get this started.

"My friends and I used this device at first that will keep your body freezing to enter your subconscious, but it was too risky. Any of us could've died at any minute, so I decided on actual meditation," Lydia spoke up.

Kaleb cleared his throat, putting his hand up a little bit, "I'm sorry, but how is a normal world thing going to solve a supernatural problem?"

"That's the crazy part. You've been looking for such a complicated answer, when in reality it's such a simple one," she began to explain, "They're still a part of your subconscious, but the magic surrounding them is not allowing you to remember. That aching feeling in your stomach, the place where you feel empty is your subconscious feeling them,"

"Why do you want to help some random strangers?" Penelope chimes in.

Lydia let out a sigh, "I know what it's like to forget someone and feel empty, like a piece of you is missing and you can't go a day without thinking that you're supposed to be waiting for someone. I don't want you guys to go through that too,"

"What do you need us to do?" Lizzie asked.

"First, I need a candle lit for everyone participating," she ordered and MG vamp speeded away to grab some for seven of them: himself, Kaleb, Penelope, Dr. Saltzman, Jed, Lizzie, and Josie, "Usually one person's subconscious could bring everyone's back, but with this Malivore mess I think there's better strength in numbers,"

While everyone was getting everything ready Jade pulled Jo aside, "What's up? We're just about to start,"

"What is going to happen if you remember Bentley and she's alive? With us I mean?" Jade asked the question that she's so desperately been wanting to avoid asking.

Josie put a smile on her face before kissing her cheek, "I can't tell you that things won't be different. Or that I won't feel any different. You deserve someone who will be honest to you and if it gets to that point then we'll talk about it. I know it's not what you want to hear, but-"

Jade cut her off by placing a soft kiss to her lips. Josie smiled softly before they pulled away, "Then I just needed to do that just in case,"

The two broke away from each other as all Jo joined everyone in the circle they created. A candle in front of all of them. Lydia stood in the middle of the circle with a piece of paper in her hands.