Happily Ever After...

"How is that possible?" she asked me and I shrugged, "Do you think we're erased?"

"There's only one way to find out,"

We embarked on the road yet again. 8 hours to the place we called home, but it didn't matter because it could actually disappear from grasp now.

"Why don't we try calling them? Save us the heartbreak of seeing them in person," Hope asked.

"If we haven't been erased they probably think we're dead and I think it might blow over better if we were there to witness it," I told her.

"Do you want to stop by and see your mom first or go straight to the school?" she said and I looked at her.

"Either way whatever happens it's gonna be one hell of an emotional rollercoaster. We'll figure it out, see what time it is and all that," I answered and she nodded.

I don't know what I was least ready for, doing it or the aftermath.

We made it to the school just as the night fell, entering in the familiar gate code we knew oh so well. Our hearts racing, I could feel mine about to break through my rib cage, but I could hear Hope's and I don't think I've ever seen her this anxious.

Nothing changed around the school, everything looked like it was right where it was supposed to be. I could hear distant music blasting and murmurs of chatter.

"I think they're at the Old Mill," I mentioned to Hope as we noticed that none of the kids were around.

"Well classes should be starting soon, it's probably the beginning of the year party," she replied.

The two of us started our familiar pathway to the Old Mill when a familiar voice called out from behind, "Hey! Uh can I help you with something?" Dr. Saltzman's voice rang out.

We turned around and saw him from the hallway right behind us as he walked towards us. I don't know what we expected, an awe stricken face or a breath of relief, teary eyes that we weren't dead. Except he stared at us in confusion, nothing the matter. That's all it took. That's how we knew.

I was too in shock to say anything, but what did we expect? We knew the risk, but it didn't mean that it didn't hurt any less, "Sorry, yeah. We heard that this is a place for supernatural beings," Hope chimed in, "And we need help,"

"Who did you hear that from?" Dr. Saltzman asked, crossing his arms, obviously more guarded now.

I looked at Hope and she nodded, "A witch named Freya, we were in New Orleans and she told us about this school," she explained.

"Where are your parents?" he questioned.

Hope and I looked at each other, "They're dead, they've been dead for awhile," she whispered.

Dr. Saltzman nodded, still guarded, but more relaxed, "Well it's a little late and the rest of the students your ages are currently celebrating going back to school, but if you wanted you could stay here tonight. We'll run some tests, make sure you're supernatural and get you guys through orientation. Does that sound okay?"

He was always the guy who wanted to help, take in kids who were different from others. Even if he had no idea who they were. Hope and I both nodded and we followed him to whatever dorm room we were going to next.

I stared at the door of the twins room, remembering the great memories it brought. Double dates between us and them, random movie nights, and just lying there keeping each other company. I was so focused on the door that I didn't realize that we stopped causing me to run into Hope.