T is for Trauma

"You actually did it!" I exclaimed to Hope after she caught a french fry that I threw at her.

We stopped at some random diner in South Carolina. After four hours of sitting there in silence, contemplating what's gonna happen when we actually go through with this. It was nice to finally stop and enjoy time with each other before the inevitable fall of it all.

"To be fair, your throw was really spot on this time. The rest of them were just absolute shit," she told me and I rolled my eyes, tossing another one at her face. A giggle erupted from both of us, "How many more hours left?"

"4, give or take, but I think we should compel someone to give us a room for free at a hotel. It's getting late and I don't think I can stay up for much longer," I admitted and she nodded.

"That's probably a good idea. Have you heard anything from the girls?" she wondered, sipping on her peanut butter milkshake.

"Nothing, yet. I hope they don't try to magically talk to us," I mumbled, before placing money on the counter for our waitress.

She reminded me of my Mom. The way she was so sweet and welcoming to all of the other customers. Her corny jokes about random things at the most random times. I hope she'll do okay without me here.

I took out money from the bank account she created for me and left the waitress a one hundred dollar tip. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fact that my life may change in a blink. Maybe it's the fact that I can't go back and rewrite all the wrongs I've done. Or maybe it's because in a world where I can possibly be erased from the entire existence, I want to leave a mark on the world.

"That's a generous tip," Hope told me as we got up from the table.

I shrugged, "Sometimes that all anyone needs," we both waved at the waitress as we walked out the doors.

"Have a goodnight girls! Safe travels!"

We finally arrived in the actual city where all the tourists stayed and just picked a random hotel. Luckily enough, there was a room available for such short notice. I could've compelled to stay in there for free, but I was feeling generous and I wanted to do good for my last couple days.

We crashed together onto the king sized bed after taking turns getting all showered up. I heard a soft buzzing noise come from somewhere, but I couldn't quite locate it.

"Hope, you hear that?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Hear what?"

And that out of nowhere the twins popped into our room like a poof of air. They looked around the room as we shot up from where we were lying. They were still in the clothes they were wearing earlier, but we couldn't see exactly where they were.

"Where are you guys?" Lizzie asked, looking around the room.

"You're not the only ones who deserved a vacation," I told them and I smiled at the look of Jo in my hoodie. She looked a little tired, but I guess that's what happens when you've been travelling all day. But she didn't look any less beautiful.

"We're on our way to New Orleans to talk to my Aunt Freya, see if she knows anything about Malivore," Hope told them, the same exact lie that we told Dr. Saltzman so he couldn't stop us, "Where are you guys? Did you make it safe?"

"Oh don't even get me started!" Lizzie exclaimed, flailing her hands in the air.

I laid back down on the bed with Hope and the twins following suit. The bed is big enough to fit the four of us, well I guess two of us and their holograms. The two twins were in the middle and me and Hope on the edges.