The Reincarnation

' ' indicates thoughts.
" " indicates speech.

Reincarnation - part 1

'I can't believe it but, I think I have become a child. Oh come on, a "CHILD"!!!! And that too a 9 year old girl with beautiful silver hair with a tiny of blue and mysterious ocean blue eyes. I have to say, she will become a great beauty when she grow up. But that's not the problem here. Why am I in a child's body? What is going on here?'

Suddenly the huge golden door creaked opened and a girl in a maid costume came in. She was holding a suitcase. She placed it near the shelf and lifted her head. 'our eyes met'. She looked at me with a surprise but returned to the familiar indifferent look in a second.

'wait, familiar? Do I know her?'

I opened my mouth and tried to call out to her when the same golden door creaked open like before. I glanced towards the sound and another girl in a similar yet different maid costume came in. She also glanced at me and made a flustered face.

' what's up with them? Why are they acting like they saw a demon? '.

While I pondered over there flustered faces the maid who came in first bowed her head while holding the hem of her dress gracefully with her legs crossed in the back.

I automatically nodded and glanced at the other maid as if I was being controlled

She who still wore a flustered look took a few steps and bowed while trembling

She who still wore a flustered look took a few steps and bowed while trembling. Even though it was not as graceful as the first one it could pass as a good one.

As I stared at the young maid, the other one spoke up addressing the "me" now.

"Lady Epsom, I apologise for not coming earlier. We didn't want to wake you up since it's still early in the morning"

Although she spoke fluently, it's obvious that she searching for the apt words to continue. It's as if she didn't want to annoy me by saying something unintended.

They addressed me- no, this body as "lady". So I might have a higher status than them. If that's the case then-

"Emma, you don't have to apologize for something trivial like that. I know that it's still early, I just wanted to start waking up early since I will be 10 in a few months"

I put an angelic smile and said.

For some reason, they seemed to be staring at me.

'well, that's expected since their real lady would never talk or smile like that'.

Then one of the maid raised her head. She had a face with hopeful eyes.

"I'm happy to hear that, Lady Epsom. If that's the case then we will try to come as early as possible so we would be of help for you."

She smiled gently as she spoke. I nodded in disapproval.

"No, just take your time and come. You do have other jobs than aiding me, right?"

Both of them looked at me in astonishment. The young maid who had a scared face on her the whole time, looked happy and relieved now. Looks like that went well. Then-

"I'm really grateful that you guys care for me".

I stopped and then continued.

"But I really would like some time alone. So-"

"Of course milady, please take your time and call us when you need any help"

"Yes, we would always be here for aiding you"

'oh, she seems happy. I mean really HAPPY'

"We would take our leave now then, milady"

I nodded as they left the room. The smile I had faded away into thin air. I clenched my fist and touched the mirror.

"luxurious room, beautiful silver hair, mysterious ocean blue eyes and-"

I remembered how the maid addressed me.

"Lady Epsom."

'of course, how could I forget'

"LADY EPSOM EDINBURGH"

My face was distorted and sadness or whatever starting filling me. I turned around and lay down in the bed facing the door, dazed. I felt helpless.