Goodbye, Peaceful Life

"Bye, everyone." I smiled and waved at them to bid them goodbye even though it's not that good. I really don't want to leave this place and go to that lion's den. ' it's much better here. ' I thought while smiling and waving at them. They also seem sad though. Is it because they were going to miss a cute little lady who does her works at the age of 10?
Sigh, I can't understand them at all. Anyway let's get this over with. Oh and Nira is coming with me too. To be honest even though she is a bit naive, she is of course a very capable maid. If it hadn't been for her I would have fallen due to the mountains of works and loads of finance paper. The bath she prepares are the best. It always soothes out the stress and tiredness out of me. '
I got into the carriage sent by the Duke. It was luxurious. Well, I didn't expect him to sent something like this for someone who hurt his own son.
' AH, why should I care? Just get in and settle your self in there. '
Well, the interior of the carriage was also beautiful and the seats were paved with soft cushions.
' It's comfy. '
I sat near the window and looked outside as the carriage started moving.

 ' I sat near the window and looked outside as the carriage started moving

When I first came here, it was all dirty slums and all. But now.... It's much better. The commoners got their own jobs and even houses.
They seem happy too.
As we moved through the slopes of the mountain, I noticed something beautiful. The town of Eastwood was right below us. It was a tremendously gorgeous view. For once I wished I had my phone with me. It would have made a great view.

 It would have made a great view

' It's so beautiful and calm. Wait, the library- '
I glanced at the other side of and saw the calm and elegant building with wooden carvings and a board - LIBRARY.
' I'll miss you, precious books ' I thought as I admired the building.
' Is that -'
I ordered to stop and got out of the carriage.
"Iri....."

Hearing my call a cute girl of 10 with purple hair and eyes glanced towards my side

Hearing my call a cute girl of 10 with purple hair and eyes glanced towards my side. Her face brightened as she saw me.
"Nessa....." She called out to and stretched her hand out while holding a book in the other. I grabbed her hand and interlocked my fingers with hers.
"What are you doing here? I thought you were going to the duchy today." She enquired as soon as I came closer.
"Come on Iri, is that what you have to say to your friend who is going to leave the this place and go far away from you?
She giggled." Of course not silly, you know that I would return to the capital since my father has things to do in the royal palace."
"Well, I don't believe that." I said teasingly.
"Huh, why though?"
"I don't think you could part with your precious books."
I teased her at the same time I was being serious.
She laughed while holding the book close to her heart. She really do love books.

Iris Lolanthe Kelvin. Daughter of Marquis Kelvin also my first friend from this world (of the same age). As a very big book lover who has heard about Sir Scorch and his works came to Eastwood for references from the library he managed. But eventually she decided to settle down and have plenty of time together with the books she found. We met a few times in the library and I Became acquainted with her. As time flew by, we became friends. We read so many books together too. But the best part was that she helped me with the load of works I had to go through just so she can have a picnic with me. We'll, I do need allies for my safe future and Marquis Kelvin is a really great choice,since he has both wealth and power. Even though I was enjoying every moment I spend with her. [girl, it sounds like those cheesy pickup lines]
But fate was so cruel there too. I had to go back to the duchy now that the probation is lifted and Iris was planning to stay for a few days more. So we decided to become pen pals. We promised each other that we would write letters every week. It's not bad after all. I really do need to improve my handwriting.
I settled myself in the carriage after bidding goodbye to Iris.
The carriage staring moving and I was once again immersed in thoughts. 'I wonder how the duchy might be when they see VENESSA.'
THE VILLAINESS HAS CHANGED, after all.
I smiled as I thought about it. The cold wind that blew from the mountain side brushed past my rosy cheeks and made my silver hair flutter.
I enjoyed the sceneries and happy faces of the people as the journey continued. After a certain time, the carriage on which we were riding began to slow down. I noticed the speed and also the scenery change. I looked towards the front through the window.
' The duchy of Edinburgh.'