ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ

I walked forward only to find myself surrounded by huge trees.

' Where in the world am I ? '

' I have never seen this part of the duchy before, not even Venassa has seen it, I think

' I have never seen this part of the duchy before, not even Venassa has seen it, I think. Or..... '

While pondered over the thoughts of the dark forest which appeared mysterious due to the tall trees and dim moonlight, a realisation suddenly came to my mind.

' Is this not a part of the duchy? I mean I didn't come too fae from the wall. '

I looked back in order to assure myself and my intuitions.

' Wait, what? '

But all I could see was similar tall trees surrounding me.

' I'm not lost, right ? '

I sighed and tried to laugh but my voice didn't come out. My throat felt dry and cold sweat started running down my face. I felt anxious and confused of what was happening.

' I need to get out of here.....'

I grasped my bag tightly and stated walking forward. Never had I encountered such lifeless emotions in my pats life. The forest itself appeared to be lifeless even though it carried many life endangering creatures behind its bushes and beneath its ground. The creepy sounds often used in those horror movies and the stuffy air which seemed difficult to breath in. It all seemed like unreal but real.

' And now here I am. In middle of a never ending scary forest being dramatic and all. '

It seemed funny but on the other hand, a grave problem. If I didn't get far away from the duchy, it will be an end to my freedom.

If the people in the duchy were to notice that I ran away, it will only take them seconds to find me and lock me up in my room. It's not because they love or care for me, nor do they don't want me to leave.

It's just that if the citizens were to know about this, rumors may circulate that- The Youngest daughter of Duke Edinburgh ran away because of years of mistreatment or she ran away with her lover at such a young age since the duchy don't teach her good. And with these few rumors the reputable duchy will touch its ground.

' It's true that they have mistreated me but I don't think they will prefer their honorable reputation crumbling due to an adopted girl like me. '

As I walked forward with my head full of thoughts, I saw lights flaring from a distance.
I ran towards the place from where the light was coming from.

I let out sighs of relief realising that I could  finally get out of this forest. I moved the bushes and got past them. And the sight I saw was something I have never seen before. It was completely opposite of what I was witnessing a moment ago.

' Wow......It's town Weston '

_=-_==-_=-=_=-_=--_=-__=--_=--=