The Meeting

After a moment of silence she continued in a low voice.

"The Duke only wishes your wellness, miss. He is of course upset about what happened but at the same time he regrets it a lot. Please try to understand his sincerity, miss."

She said as she trembled in fear.

"Is that so, that means I deeply misunderstood my father. I thought that he sent me away so that I won't tarnish the great Edinburgh duchy's name. It seems like I was wrong."

I smiled innocently and said.

"Please do tell him that I really appreciate his care and love."

She seemed relieved.

"Yes of course miss, I will convey your message directly to the Duke. She bowed and took her leave. I climbed on to the huge bed and rest my head on the soft pillows.

' That should be enough to support the rumor. '

Few days ago, back at the territory I heard that there was a rumor circulating in the duchy that Venassa who had been in probation had become even more Arrogant and prideful that she misuses her powers as a noble for trivial deeds. Of course the people of Eastwood was very angry to know this but I should at least let them keep there head in place. But I decided to use this rumors to my favor.

Since people usually don't like Arrogant people there is a chance of absolutely no marriage proposals at the Duke's desk. Which makes my life free from all the 'mind your' things. Also people tend to ignore these people and avoid getting hooked up in their clutches which let me live a part free life with no hustle and bustle. I smiled happily as the thoughts of a tension free life ahead crawled into my mind.

As I immersed in the swarm of thoughts my eyelids became heavy and I had a sudden urge to sleep. But the voice of swords clanging into each other.

' hmm? Are the knights at training. '

I walked towards the windows. 'huh? Is that -'

Suddenly the pink haired boy turned towards my room and looked at me.
(Whoosh)

' That was unexpected

' That was unexpected. How did he know I was here. Did he have some kind of motion detector somewhere. Thank goodness my magic got activated on its own. '

I shook my head and glanced towards the window while sitting on my bed.

' So that's Nathaniel. The youngest son of Duke Edinburgh. Also the main reason for the probation. A frivolous jerk and he's pink. '

I kicked and punched the pillow which was near me at the thought of him.

______________****_____________

"Is everything alright, Niel."

Asked the boy who was practicing with his sword seeing his little brother Ina daze

"Oh, I'm fine, big brother. Just felt someone watching us, that's all."

"Must be the knights." He sighed as he replied.

"Or maybe the maids."

Said one of the two knights in their uniforms as they both walked into the training ground.

"You know young master, you are pretty handsome despite your young age

"You know young master, you are pretty handsome despite your young age."

The white hair exclaimed as put on a smirk.

"I thought you had training sessions to take care of today."

Nathaniel asked as he remembered something.

"Today's training just finished a while ago."

The dark haired knight who had been silent the whole time spoke up.

"Looks like I have to ask the commander to increase the training seeing how much free time you guys have."

Nicholas said as he stared at the two knights.

"It's not like that young master."

The white haired knight spoke up.

"We had been assigned with some duties. And we are on the way to fulfill them."

He smiled proudly as he spit out the word "Duties".
Nicholas laughed slightly.

"Since when did you start "Fulfilling duties"? "

The white haired knight smiled awkwardly. It's true that he didn't actually do work but that doesn't mean that he ignored training and leisurely hanged out with his comrades. He wanted to tell it to the young master but the cold stare of him made him shutter.

"What duties do you have?"

Asked Nathaniel as he was curious why the commander would assign two most skilled knights for.

"Oh, that. We were assigned to guard and escort lady Edinburgh."