Finally Arrived

There stood a magnificent mansion with beautiful garden painted green and adorned with little flowers

There stood a magnificent mansion with beautiful garden painted green and adorned with little flowers. The fountains splashed water leisurely as they flowed from the top reflecting the sunlight.
The carriage stopped at the entrance of the mansion.
' Finally, we are here. The Duchy of Edinburgh. '
I was happy that the carriage ride which seemed never ending came to stop as it was giving me a hard time struggle against my motion sickness. 'to think that I will have motion sickness by riding a carriage so comfortable just for a 45 minutes. '
But that wasn't all, I was afraid of what I will have to face in the duchy. As I have not only paved way for the young master's (she means her youngest stepbrother) injury but also the hardship of the employees of the mansion.
' Oh well, cheer up Venassa. Let's just be brave and face whatever is behind that door. '

I smiled and got out of the carriage determined but with the help of the knight that was nearby

I smiled and got out of the carriage determined but with the help of the knight that was nearby. ' oh, I forgot that this body is just 10 years old. Sigh, I even need the help of a knight to get down from the carriage. '
I glanced at the knight who helped me and it seemed that he was anxious about something. 'It's Venassa that they are so scared of. Venassa hated people regarding her weak especially someone who is lower than her. It can be called a noble's pride. She refused the help of others and often got hurt. Well, it's more embarrassing than just falling. Even though the knights know about Venassa's weird aspects, he still helped me I mean VENASSA. I have to do something about this. '
I put on my best smile and said - "Thank you for helping me, Sir knight."
And poof, the anxiousness that they were wearing vanished into thin air and instead they slightly blushed.
' See that, never underestimate the power of cuteness. '
I ignored their "blushing" faces and walked towards the huge door. The knights well to be exact a servant in a knight like clothes opened the door for me. I smiled at him too. ' There is no harm in smiling, right? Except for the fact that my cheeks hurt after a while.'
Its been so long I (Venassa) came here that I have no idea where to go. That's when the servant who had been accompanying me and Nira spoke up. "This way, miss"
' oh its that way. My bad. But this place is huge. How did she live here. More importantly how did she memorise all the rooms in this mansion. '
As I pondered over several thoughts the servant to be exact the head maid started talking. "We're here, miss." She opened the bronze colored door which was unexpectedly thick and showed me my new room.

' What the- ' I thought as I looked at the magnificent, luxurious room named my "BEDROOM"

' I knew something was not right with this family but what is this? A room made out of gold?
The head maid noticed my frustration and said. "Master told us to prepare lady's room beautifully so that you will forget the hardships you've faced the last few years."
' Beautiful? I don't know what I should call this but - it's PINK and pink. Also I never faced any hardships back at the territory. Well, not this kind of hardships. '
I thought as I walked towards the bed and examined it. ' Can I sleep on this stuff? Oh, it's soft. '
I felt relieved as I touched the bed softly. The maid noticed this and spoke. "Master ordered us to make the quilt and sheet with the finest and softest material just like miss always prefers."
' Just like I prefer. ' The Venassa in past might have been happy on hearing this since it was something she always wished to hear. But not me.
" Can I ask why the duke is doing this for me? "
" Yes? " She had a look of shock and unbelievability on her face.
"Oh, I'm sorry but it's not like him at all. Caring for an adopted daughter also someone who harmed his son, no HIS OWN SON". I stopped and took a good glance at her petrified face and then continued.
" I just wanted to know why he, who didn't even care about me is acting like this all of a sudden. Oh, Is that something I shouldn't have asked?."
She was having a mental breakdown. After all what hit her was a land mine. She needs to pick out apt words so that she wouldn't appear too Arrogant. After a moment of silence she continued in a low voice.