The Days At The Duchy

' So peaceful '

I thought as I dipped myself in the warm water with medicinal herbs which Nira prepared. It's my third day here at the duchy and I already got adjusted with the certain circumstances I had to face. The most important yet unbelievable thing is that I managed to avoid dining with my so called family.

Unexpectedly, I was blessed with a wonderful chance of no encounters as my family had their own things to take care of expect the youngest that is. While the Duke and his eldest went to the royal palace for duty, the second one, Noah was staying at his friend's house for study reasons. Well, that is what he said to the Duke but little did he know that his dear son was going to the mercenary[1] guild and doing jobs with his mercenary friend.

' That two faced fox could easily deceive anyone seeing how the duke doubtlessly allowed him to go even though it's suspicious that he who was regarded as a top scorer was going to study at his friend's house. '

That leaves the youngest - Nathaniel. The one who tried to push Venassa down but ended up hurting himself. I have to admit I am grateful to him because if it was not for him I wouldn't have left this duchy and met the people from the territory especially Iris. But the thing is that he had been weird lately. He came to see me at regular intervals and asks about me with Nira. Of course I avoided him because even if he is not known to be one of the capture targets I don't know if he is a hidden one. Besides if something was to happen to him while he was with me, I don't know what his two brothers will do to me.

I went out of the bathroom and got ready for the day.
As I stood in front of the mirror I couldn't help but admire my, well Venassa's beauty.

The silky silver hair slightly shaded with a tint of blue and the striking almond shaped eyes of mysterious ocean blue colour. It was enough to point out Venassa's beauty. The sharp yet perfect nose and soft cupid's-bow red lips. Dimples pressed under the high rosy cheekbones. The skin smooth like jade, pale but attractive. The soft hands with long fingers. A single ring was enough to adorn it since it was naturally elegant. Her slender neck had a choker to accompany it. In other words a beauty.

' Sigh, I hope I could get past my twentieth birthday. '

But who knows maybe it will be the end for me today as I have to attend the family dinner since the Duke, the eldest, the second and the youngest are here at the duchy.

' There's still time. '

I assured myself as I looked outside. It was still bright and beautiful.

"Young lady, do you want to go for a walk?"

Maybe it was because I was looking outside, Nira asked me with a smile.

"No, I was planning to go to the library."

The Duchy had a huge library and it contained different varieties of books and scrolls. It was a place where I went during my stay here in the duchy as Nathaniel didn't favor books that much.

' He might be in the training ground '.

I thought as I heard clanging of wooden swords.

' Let's just get going. '

I walked out of my luxurious bedroom and headed towards the library.

[1]A mercenary, sometimes known as a soldier of fortune, is an individual who takes part in military conflict for personal profit, is otherwise an outsider to the conflict, and is not a member of any other official military. Mercenaries fight for money or other forms of payment rather than for political interests.

[>>>>┗( T﹏T )┛Srry, that I couldn't update the story..... I was a LiTtLe busy with the new year celebration, V's birthday, my classes, revisions and exams. Well, it has been a long weekend. So..... I was thinking about updating during the days except for the weekends as it saves me from getting low marks and scolding and stuff.
(๑•̀ω•́ ๑)Hope you could understand. And thank you for reading my story. I have been so happy to hear that you are enjoying it  ^(o≧∀≦)o. Please forgive me for the mistakes I make as I'm not very good at English.<<<]

Anyways, hope you celebrated new year happily with your family and wishing you a great year ahead. (I know it's a little too late for this but for my self satisfaction.)
     *。☆
     +゚☆* 
    ゚。;*|∧ ∧ 
   ・゚** ∩・ω・') 
   ☆:+。・ ノ  ⊃
 +*:*+*・  し-J
:*:゚・ 。☆
Thank you for reading~~~~