The reincarnation?

Reincarnation part - 2

I looked at all the cakes and puddings and starting eating them one by one

I looked at all the cakes and puddings and starting eating them one by one. But I did not forget to follow etiquette and table manners because it is what builds up a noble girl.

'It's so delicious and sweet. I made sure that I won't look like some kid who got some food after a week. I regained my mind and ate the sweet deliciousness with a blank face. '
I saw the chef who made them look at me with worry. Well, he's just worried if I would not like it and fire him like "I" did in the past. I understood it and showed him my sweetest smile.
The other workers who stood there dropped their head downwards while some turned their face and others struggled while they choked.

'I wonder what happened for them to act like this. Did my smile turned out hideous? '

while I pondered over these thoughts the maid who came earlier stepped out and asked.

"Miss, would you like some more pudding?".

I stared at her and showed her a pitiful look.

' sigh, I wish I could but I really should not fatten up this beautiful body '.

The maid whose name was Emma understood what it meant.

She signaled the kitchen maids and they left after they bowed in front of me. As I walked out of the dinning room, Emma who was beside me spoke up.

"Miss, would you like to go out today? The weather would be perfect for a shopping"

After hearing Emma out I looked out through the window into the last garden with beautiful flowers, trees and fountains. The sun shone upon them and they glittered as if it were meant for them.

' The weather is really nice but-'

"I would like to go to the library, Emma"

I said with a smile on my face.

Emma looked shocked. Well its expected, since the noble ladies never read books. All they did was go shopping, knitting, getting married and having kids. To be exact "Venassa" avoided books like plague. But I do need to learn more about this world.

Even though I have the memories from the past life about the game and Venassa's childhood knowledge, it's not enough. I need to learn more. For future survival. Yes, I have no other words to describe my aim. My aim is just to survive. I entered the huge library and walked towards the shelf with books related to history and also economics. But then,

"Miss, the fairytale section is over there."

Emma pointed towards a small shelf with colorful fairytale books, which is obviously what a child my age read. I wanted to refuse but the thought of being called weird made me change my mind. I walked towards the small shelf and grabbed a big fairytale book. It was of course kinda heavy for a child of 9. So Emma lent me a hand and I settled near the window where a small table and chair was put. I opened the book and acted as if looking at the pictures, flipping the pages innocently which may be enough for me to be a regular child. But I wanted to sort out things of what will happen next and in the future. I also want to make a record of what should be done in order to make way for living. And for that....

I looked at Emma who was standing next to me. She noticed my glance and looked at me with a question mark face.