Bye Babe

Lenas POV
I wake up to the smell of bacon which was pretty alarming considering I live alone until I noticed I wasn't at my loft, I was at Karas. My anxiety soon calms down as I pout. I was really looking forward to morning cuddles. I drag myself out of bed and throw on the first baggy thing I could find which happened to be a hoodie. I walk into the kitchen and see Kara making some pancakes as well as bacon. I hug her from behind nuzzling into her shoulder.
"Morning sleepy head." Kara smiles leaning into me slightly.
"Ya know, if I stay the night with someone I enjoy cuddling in the morning."
"Sorry..." Kara mumbles sheepishly, "In my defense I was hoping I could finish cooking before you woke up."
"It's fine, you'll just owe me some cuddles another time." I shrug before stealing a piece of bacon.
"Hey you can't eat yet!" Kara whines with a slight pout causing me to laugh.
"Watch me." I giggle biting into the bacon.
"How rude, you could've at least waited a few more minutes for the pancakes to be done."
"But where's the fun in that? Plus you're really cute when you pout."
     "Can I at least have a kiss?"
     "Depends on how your pancakes taste."
     "First you steal my clothes, then my bacon, and now you're depriving me of my kisses. You're so evil."
     "It's fun you should try it sometime." I giggle giving her a quick peck, "There, happy?"
     "I've been happier." Kara remarks slyly as she played the last of the food.
     I roll my eyes and grab a plate. We fall into easy conversation as usual, but this time there were soft kisses exchanged throughout the meal. It made me wonder if this is what normal feels like. Everything was peaceful and happy, a very rare occurrence for a Luthor. Sadly our happy little bubble was popped when my phone started ringing.
     "Just give me one second." I smile apologetically before walking over to her bed, "Lena Luthor speaking, who is this?"
     "I'm so sorry to bother you on your day off but we have a little situation at CatCo..." James trails off awkwardly.
"What kind of situation?" I ask already gathering my clothes.
"One of the interns may have deleted almost all of the articles we had saved and we can't find a way to recover them."
"I'll be there ten, twenty minutes tops. Keep doing what you can to try and get them back."
"On it Miss Luthor." With that James hands up.
I quickly change into my clothes from the night before and start looking for my shoes. I was really hoping to stay in all day...
"Who called?" Kara asks... she sounds disappointed.
"It was James, there's an emergency at CatCo." I sigh finally finding them.
"Oh do you guys need any help? What happened?"
"No you should stay home and enjoy your day off, if you want I'm sure I could still come back over. Oh and some intern deleted most of the story's we have and they need help recovering them."
"I won't be much help there. And if you happened to come back over I wouldn't mind."
"Perfect, I will see you later then." I smile and give her a quick peck, "Bye babe."
I grab my purse and quickly make my way CatCo to hopefully recover the deleted files. This is why I hate interns.
•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•–•
Karas POV
     "Bye babe." Lena smiles before making her exit.
     I blush at the little pet name as I stare at the door for awhile. I'm a little confused, we never actually established if we were dating or not... we exchanged small kisses throughout the morning to that points to girlfriends but I don't want to make any assumptions. I finally look away from the door and start cleaning up. Maybe I should call Alex? She's always been great when it come to relationships... then again Lena might not want anyone to know. Plus there's still the matter of the secret admirer, I mean they've noticed the smallest things about me. Like how I don't like coconut, or the kind of ink refills I buy. But at least there's more hope when it comes to a relationship between me and Lena. I groan and opt for just baking a cake. It doesn't really help with anything but it will keep my mind busy.
A few hours later I've discovered I can't make a cake. I've tried about eight times and I've given up. Do now I'm currently laying on my couch watching some show I can't remember the name of. I'm always so bored on my days off so I normally don't take them. But according to Miss Lena Luthor I needed a break. She thinks I'm stretching myself out too thin which is clearly preposterous. I've always taken on several projects at once and they have all turned out amazing and done to my best extent. I give everything I do 100%. I was pulled out of my bubble or boredom when Lena just walks in.
"Files have been saved, crisis averted." She sighs dropping her bag by the door at placing some takeout on the counter.
"That's a relief. I know a lot of the reporters would be upset if they lost their articles." I smile.
"I would've been upset and have to fire that poor intern, ruining whatever chance they have at a career in the media." She grumbles plopping down on top of me, nuzzling into my neck, "I definitely would've preferred staying here instead of leaving."
"You and me both. Instead I just murdered eight cakes."
"What? Why were you trying to make a cake?" Lena starts giggling uncontrollably. It's quite adorable, "You're officially the weirdest person I've ever met."
"I can't argue with that." I shrug making Lena giggle more.
"God I'm obsessed with you." She mumbles giving me a quick kiss, "Now I say we order some lunch."
"Potstickers?"
"Would I ever get you anything else?"