Mental Wellness Day

Karas POV
     Once again I wake up before Lena. I opted for cuddling farther into her rather than forcing myself out of bed to make breakfast again. I listen to Lenas heartbeat as I rest my head on her chest. Everything is still and calm. I look up at her and see her sleeping perfectly. I'd except nothing less from her really. Maybe I could convince her to let us stay here all day and play chess or something... my thoughts were interrupted when Lena started to move.
     Her eyes soon flutter open and she instantly smiles seeing me next to her, "I just woke up and I'm already smiling. It normally takes until noon." She sleepily jokes causing me to quietly giggle.
      "I have you wrapped around my little finger, don't I?"
     "Hmm... perhaps that statement may hold some truth."
     "In that case can I convince you to let us stay home all day instead of going to work?"
     "As much as I would love to—and believe me I would love to—we can't. You have to write articles and I have to run the entire company."
     "But it'd be so much more fun to stay in, watch musicals, eat popcorn, and just cuddle all day. We could call it a mental wellness day. I'm sure you have to deal with a lot of stress and I've written tons of articles lately so I could use a break."
     "You do have a point there..." Lena pauses biting her lip in thought, "We better watch My Fair Lady otherwise I'm shutting this entire thing down."
     "Is that a yes?"
     "Only for our mental wellbeing."
     "I'm calling it now, I can get you to do anything."
     "Almost anything. I wouldn't let you win a game of chess."
     I roll my eyes playfully as I finally sit up and stretch. Lena instantly moves to hug my waist nuzzling her nose into my stomach, I assume it was just to keep me in bed. I run my fingers through my hair and kiss her head.
     "Can you please let go so I can make us some breakfast?" I ask with a slight smile.
     "Nooooo." She whines, tightening her grip, "Part of this mental rest day is staying in bed and cuddling otherwise I'm making you go to work."
     I giggle laying back down, "I guess we'll just have to have brunch."
     Lena smiles triumphantly giving me a quick peck. She wrapped her body around mine causing me to giggle once again. We stayed like that until Lenas phone started to ring.
     "Do I have to answer?" She mumbles into my neck.
     "They might keep calling if you don't."
     Lena groans, sitting up and grabbing her phone and answering it, "What do you want Lex..... Absolutely not..... It would make no difference if mother was asking...... she's not blood just like you, you dumbass..... you're just as smart as I am, you're perfectly capable of doing it yourself."
     Lena then hangs up without even muttering a goodbye, "Lex is your brother right?" I ask cautiously seeing she's already slightly annoyed.
     "You are correct." She says laying back down.
     "If you don't mind me asking.... what did you mean when you said he wasn't blood? I mean he's your brother."
     "I was adopted when I was four. Sadly I got stuck with the worst possible family. At least you were lucky with yours."
     "You were adopted and you never told me?"
     "It tends to scare people away or make me think I'll have family issues. I mean I do but for completely different reasons."
     "Well you knew I was a foster kid so why would that scare me away exactly?"
     "Well now you make it sound silly."
     "Well I think it's cool that we were both adopted. Not everyone can say they're dating someone who shares similar family trauma."
     Lena giggles slightly, a small smile creeping onto her lips, "Leave it up to Kara Danvers to make a joke out of any situation."
     "It's really my best quality."
     Lena laughs gently slapping my arm, "Just go make breakfast."
     "As you wish." I give her a quick peck before getting up and walking to the kitchen.
Our morning was nice and simple. We enjoyed our breakfast and we're now watching Lenas musical of choice. I never really cared for My Fair Lady until now. I smile slightly when I hear Lena quietly singing along under her breath. She has so many adorable habitats that I'm sure not even she knows about.
     "Now, I vote we play a game of chess so I can win once again." Lena smiles, standing up to grab the game.
      "I'm going to beat you one of these days." I say with a pointed look as she sets it up.
      "I seriously doubt that Miss Danvers." She smiles innocently moving her knight into play immediately.
     The next couple hours were filled with several wins for Lena, lots of laughter and overall fun. Even if Lena wasn't keen on the idea of skipping work at first I can tell she's enjoying herself now. But I really wish she let me win one of our games.
—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•
Nias POV
     I got home after a long day at CatCo. They always seem loess bright without Kara around. Come to think of it we were also missing a certain CEO today too. I wonder if they were together... I'm pulled out of my thoughts my a buzzing in my pocket. I pull out my phone and immediately answer as soon as I saw the caller ID.
     "I need updates Neyea, and I need them now." She sounds urges.
"Kara and Lena were both absent today. I'm guessing they were together considering how close they are."
"I need facts not just assumptions."
"Well I'm sure if you came into CatCo you would think the same thing."
"It's settled then. I'll be at CatCo in the morning. Perhaps this could test them. See how important they find the other."
"What if that just tears them apart?"
"Then clearly it wasn't meant to be Lena, and we will get reunited with our lovelorn Keira Danvers that we know and love."
"Alright then... I really hope you're right about this..."
"Have you learned nothing? I'm Cat Grant, and I'm never wrong."