Sorry I'm Late

Karas POV
I show up to CatCo the next day. I'm probably imagining things but everyone seems... darker? I think we all miss Lena. She was so nice to al of us... I look over at her old office. A part of me hoping she had stayed, hoping she didn't leave me. What I assume are James' things were being moved in... she was really gone. I look down and walk over to my desk. I see a buquet of flowers sitting on my desk. Love doesn't seem appealing to me right now. I throw them in the trash not being able to stand it before I start moving my desk to its original position... I can't stand not seeing Lena in that room.
"Hey where'd you go yesterday?" Nia asks innocently.
My eyes started to gloss over... get it together Kara... "I started to feel a little under the weather so I went home early."
"Oh. Is game night still on?"
"Yeah, same time as usual." I give a half hearted smile before I go back to moving my desk.
"I can bring Brainy right? I mean I can just come solo and we can team up since-"
"Of course you can bring him. I'll just join Alex and Sam. I'll be fine..."
"Are you sure? I mean Lena told you she was moving away on your birthday. I personally would be crushed, I mean there was no warning whatsoever."
"Can we please stop talking about this? I'm not gonna lie, I'm hurt but I'll get over it. We're still friends."
"I'm glad you are. Lena was good for you." With that Nia left leaving me to think.
Once everything was like it was a month ago I finally got to work. The only problem was that I couldn't focus. I always found it so easy to get lost writing words but I just can't... I keep thinking about Lena. A few sentences later it was lunch. Yes sentences, that's all I've written in the several hours I've been here. I order my usual lunch but eat it at my desk... I didn't have anyone to eat with... I look at my phone debating if I should call her. She's probably busy though and can't talk. The highest point of my day was when I found two potstickers stuck together. After what felt like a million years I was home mopping on my couch.
"How was work?" Alex asks just walking straight into my loft Sam close behind.
"Fine..."
"You're still mopping... did Lena not show up?" Sam asks pulling me into a hug.
"No... she didn't. She's back in Metropolis running L-Corp."
"I really thought she would end up staying..." Alex sounded so disappointed...
"It's fine. Really. I'm sure we can still talk on the phone occasionally."
A few hours later everyone was here and having fun. We're currently playing charades... I had to join Alex and Sam considering I don't have a partner anymore. I'm not much help considering I'm still upset. I don't think I've genuinely smiled all day... that's very rare for me. A knock soon sounds at the door and I'm the first one up.
"It's probably the pizza." I say walking over to the door, "You can keep on playing."
I open the door and freeze, "Sorry I'm late. I had to finish unpacking all of my boxes and buy some red wine."
"You're.... you're not in Metropolis..."
"Yeah I decided to stay in National City." Lena smiles, "Can I come in...?"
"Oh yeah! Yeah of course." I step aside letting her in and Alex shoots up.
"I knew it! I knew you wouldn't leave!" Alex yells before clearing her throat, "It's uh nice to see you again."
"You too Alex." Lena smiles before turning to me, "Can I y'all to you real quick?"
"Uh Yeah... we can go up to the roof." I mumble awkwardly before we head up.
"So... I guess I have some explaining to do..." she mumbles awkwardly.
"Ya think? You said you were leaving and now you're here, why?"
"Well... Alex came and brought a few things to my attention... happy birthday by the way..."
"So you're here because Alex threatened you, and not because you want to. Of course."
I turn and start walking back inside. Somehow it hurts more knowing she's only here because Alex made her stay.
"I'm not here because of Alex I'm here because of you!" Lena almost yells making me pause.
"What do you mean you're here because of me? I was completely fine with you leaving."
"No you weren't... you were crying in the bathroom before I came in. I was stupid for wanting to leave but I was scared..."
"What did you have to be scared about?"
"You'll first out... of you go on a date with me."
"Like an actual date? Like one that involves feelings and all of that?"
"Yes, the whole deal."
"So what I'm hearing is... you broke out little agreement."
"Technically our agreement was called off."
"I suppose... now let's go win this game night!"
"Is that a yes?"
"What do you think idiot?"
Lena just smiles before heading back to my loft. When we get inside Alex just smirks before handing Lena a glass of wine. Long story short me and Lena totally dominated everyone at game night. And we established our date will be at seven tomorrow. I'm only a little excited... or a lotta excited. We're now all saying goodbyes. I hug Alex and Sam before they leave followed by everyone else leaving Lena behind.
"So do I get to know where we're going?" I can't help the smile that forms on my lips as I hug her.
"Mmmm... no it's a surprise." She kisses my cheek before she starts walking, "Oh and I'm expecting my usual lunch buddy."
"I wouldn't miss it." I smile giving her a small wave.
She waves back before disappearing leaving me all giddy. What has this woman done to me? I cleaned up all the games my smile never leaving. I mean how can someone not smile?