She's Back

Lenas POV
     Me and Kara walk into CatCo, sadly not hand in hand to avoid any rumors that could possibly form. We go out septet ways for the first time in a little over 24 hours, Kara going to her desk as I go to my office. I stop dead in my tracks as I see none other that Cat Grant seated in what should be my chair.
"Cat... what are you doing here?" I ask carefully. Please don't want to buy back CatCo...
     "Lena, hello. We agreed that I could buy back my company at any given day, correct?"
     "Yes that is what we agreed on."
     "Perfect. Well I've decided that, that day is today. I'll give you the same amount you gave me, call it even and you can get back to Metropolis by morning if you pack fast enough." As these words leave cats lips I feel my heart sink. What about Kara?
     "I... I'd like to stay editor in chief for the day if that's all right. Besides my penthouse in Metropolis won't be ready if I don't call ahead."
     "Of course, of course." She waves off looking around, "Where's my latte... Teschmacher!"
     Soon enough a frantic looking Eve comes running. I definitely haven't yelled at her in my time here...
     "Yes Miss Grant?" She answers standing at full attention.
     "I've been in this building for more than five minutes and a latte has yet to be handed to me."
     "Right away. Would you like one Miss Luthor?"
     "Oh no thank you. I've already had a coffee this morning." I give a small half smile as I answer. It's unprofessional to cry at work right? "But could you please have Kara come into my office when she's able to?" Eve nods before leaving.
I'm not certain but I think I saw Cat look at me. Almost as if she knows something... "Well if I can't have my office back I'll get going. Expect the funds to be in your account by this evening."
"Oh course. Thank you Cat."
She nods before leaving CatCo once again. My expression is sober when even comes back, coffee in hand and what appears to be a very anxious Kara not far behind. "Where did Miss Grant go..."
"She left for today but will be returning to her position tomorrow. Give the coffee to another worker and leave me and Miss Danvers." My face was a void of emotion. Almost how my heart feels...
Eve nods heading out as Kara timidly approaches, "Miss Grant was here? Why?"
"She wanted to buy back her company."
"And of course you didn't let her right? I mean if she buys CatCo you have to go back to Metropolis." Karas getting more and more anxious every minute...
"We actually made a deal... Cat was able to buy back CatCo and the price I bought it for at any time... so tomorrow CatCo will be hers."
"Well what does that mean for us?"
"I... long distance won't work." I say barley above a whisper, "So as of now we are broken up."
"Y-you're joking..." my eyes immediately cast down. I can't look at her eyes just to see them breaking... "How do you know long distance won't work? How can you just give up that easily?"
"Kara please-"
"Don't." She cuts off. "If we're broken up you can address me like any other reporter. I should get back to work Miss Luthor."
I stayed silent as I hear her leave... this is what it feels like to really lose it all.
•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
Karas POV
It had been a single day and I was dreading going back into CatCo. Sure I was glad Miss Grant was back, but I won't see Lena... not that I should want to see her. I tried to avoid talking to anyone. It was working until none other than Cat Grant called me to her office.
"Yes Miss Grant?"
"You aren't your usual self. I might've been away for awhile but I can still see when something is bothering one of my employees. Now before you tell me, just know I don't actually care I'm only asking because when you're happy your stories are better."
"I... well I was dating the girl and uh... she broke up with me yesterday so I guess I'm just a little hurt."
"I don't care who she was but clearly she meant I great deal to you, so I suggest you go and get her back. So I'm giving you the rest of the day off. So up up and away or whatever you want to say. I'm sure you can afford a flight to Metropolis or you'll have to cash in a few of your vacation days."
"Wait, how did you know she was in Metropolis?"
"I'm Cat Grant. I know everything, now go."
And that's why I'm here, in an elevator leading straight to Lenas office. I'm terrified. The doors open and I slowly walk to where the man downstairs said that it was. She's probably going to turn me away. Gone for good. I'm now standing in front of Lenas desk. She's to absorbed in her work to notice me. I've always loved–no I mean liked... who am I kidding it's loved. I love Lena Luthor.
I clear my throat before I begin to speak, "Lena?"
She jumps, startled at first before she realizes it's me, "What are you doing here Kara? You should be at CatCo or at least National City."
"I came here for you."
"We broke up, you need to let me go." She sounded annoyed perhaps? I'm not entirely sure...
"Just... just listen. You told me every little thing you've notice about me, right? Well I never got to tell you."
"Kara please..." She sounds more desperate now...
"You probably have the entire script of My Fair Lady memorized and no one would ever know that you do unless they're more focused on you than the movie. And if someone asks you what your favorite food is you'd probably say vegetable lasagna, but our friends know it's anything with kale in it... mostly omelettes, but you're really just obsessed with Big Belly Burger. I can't forget to mention that whenever you get focused on somethings out stuck your younger out. Your favorite chess piece is the white night, and you never move the same piece twice. I've noticed these things because I've somehow managed to fall for you faster that anyone else. So can you please come back to National City? You can open an L-Corp building there or something and-"
"I can't. And believe me I cared for you too, but long distance wouldn't work out. This is for the best Kara. Just please leave and forget about me."
"I can't just leave and forget about you Lena! It's like my parents I can't just forget them! I loved them almost as much as I love you!" The words just slipped. Lena froze as I covered my mouth.
"I... I have a Uh... a meeting I need to get to." Lena mumbles leaving me standing alone in her office.
I came all the way to Metropolis, accidentally confessed my love and I'm still going back alone. I guess not all things are meant to be... this being one of them....