The Courtyard

I got to spent my evening with my friends. It felt like it had been forever since I'd last seen them seeing as lately Cedric has taken up most of my time. I haven't gotten to sit with any of them in classes either because I was too busy trying to change an unchangeable boy.

Why I felt the urge to be his friend, to be close to him, I didn't know. So far he's shown that it isn't worth it, but something in me wants to keep trying.

"May, how are things with Cedric?" Asked Hermione while the boys played wizard chess.

"Things are perfect. He's everything I could ask for." My sentence made it sound like things were great, but my voice implied otherwise.

"Then why don't I believe you?" Pressed Hermione.

"I like him a lot really, and he hasn't done a thing wrong it's just...every girl in this school trips over themself just for him to look their way, and I know he would never stray I just... fear in the end I won't be enough." I admitted.

"Nonsense!" Harry spurted out, he didn't mean to say it, but in his face I could tell he knew there was no going back. "I-I just mean I'm sure Cedric doesn't think that. He's head over heels for you." Said Harry, saving himself.

"You think so?" I questioned.

"I know so." Answered Harry, leaving a long tension filled silence in the room between the two of us.

"Um Harry, there's something you should know." Ron broke the silence. I couldn't tell if it was to heal the awkwardness or if he really had something important, but either way he covered it up nicely. "The first task. It's- It's"

"Out with it Ronald!" Urged Hermione anxious.

"It's Dragons!" He spat out.

"Care to elaborate?" Said Harry leaning in looking slightly terrified.

"You're battling..a dragon." The room fell silent again, but it wasn't awkward. Everyone was lost in their thoughts, most of them being fearful for Harry. However, my first thought was Cedric.

                                         ~

The next day at lunch, I paced around the hallway looking for Cedric, and I sure saw him alright. I saw his face on buttons everywhere, but I also saw Harry's. Suddenly I was less concerned with warning my boyfriend, and more angry about what I was witnessing.

 Suddenly I was less concerned with warning my boyfriend, and more angry about what I was witnessing

I finally found him in the courtyard. He was laying down on a bench laughing as his friends spoke to him. At first, he didn't even notice my presence.

"Diggory!" I yelled, making him jump. He could tell by the last name basis and my tone that I was angry.

"Yes love?" He says trying to play dumb.

"Get up." He quickly rose from the bench, and I ripped the button off his robe walking away simply expecting him to follow, and he did. I lead him under a tree. "What the hell is this?" I said shoving the button in his face and then throwing it onto the ground.