Memories

It had been yet another week, and every night Draco stayed with me. No touching below the waist, no sexual tension, he just stayed with me. That was all I needed. Some nights we didn't talk, he would just come in and lay down next to me, but I enjoyed the silence.

Per usual, Draco came right in after classes and came to lay down next to me, but this time he had something to say.

"Professor McGonagall asked me to speak to you." He whispered into my ear. I turned over to face him, inches away from his face. His breathing got heavier and I could tell he wanted to kiss me. "She said you need to come back to classes." He said trying to distract himself, or he would have broke and kissed me.

"I'm not ready." I whimpered.

"I know darling, but it's time." He stroked my hair behind my ear, and for once in a long while there was tension. "I'll be there with you every class, I promise."

My bottom lip quivered as he inched closer towards me, painfully slow. He pushed one more strand of hair behind my ear, now cupping my face, and I leaned in the extra inch to kiss him.

"Draco I need you." I admitted. "Cedric would appreciate you taking care of me." I smiled at him touching his face. "He would want me to have you after all this." Draco broke out into the biggest smile I had ever seen and grabbed my face to pull me into another kiss.

"I love you May." He rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you Draco." He kissed me once more before pulling himself on top of me. It was clear he had a lot building up in him by how eager he was to have me. When I felt Draco grow hard on top of me, I pulled away from his kiss. "Not yet." I whimpered, and he got off of me. "I'm sorry."

"I understand don't worry. I don't need any of that." He grabbed my waist and pulled me into yet another kiss. Since I agreed that Cedric would want this for me, he wouldn't stop kissing me, but I didn't mind. "Let's get some sleep okay?" He kissed my forehead, and once again I laid on his chest, falling asleep knowing that I belonged to him.

                                       ~

In the morning I woke up next to Draco, and those first 60 seconds were always the best part of my day. No sorrow, no guilt, just me and Draco as the sun glittered his skin.

"Good morning darling." He leaned in and kissed my lips, but then quickly got up.

"What's the rush?" I complained.

"Classes are the rush, and today you have them too sunshine." He smirked.

"Ughh." I sighed dramatically as I rolled out of bed, making Draco laugh. Once I was fully ready I stood examining myself in the mirror. Draco came up and wrapped his arms around me from behind as I stared at him in the mirror.

"You're ready darling, you look stunning." He kissed my neck and let go so he could open the door for me. Was I ready? I stood there for a moment, not moving. "Darling, you've got this." He held out his hand, and I took it as he walked at my pace.

I hadn't seen the common room for a little over three weeks, and it was brighter than I remembered. There was lots of natural sunlight in the morning. Slowly, I stepped around all of the couches and made my way to the door, and we were off to DADA.

When I stepped into the hallway, the flashbacks I feared came flooding back.

He was so charming, and he made me laugh the most on our walks

He was so charming, and he made me laugh the most on our walks. A part of me expected to see him standing in the hallways waiting for me with a smile, but it never happened. All I had was the memories of when it did.

"Are you okay?" Draco squeezed my hand. I hadn't even noticed that I stopped right in the middle of the hallway, but no one minded walking around me, as this was my first time rejoining society. Other than his father, everyone knew that I had lost the most.

"I'm okay, let's go." I squeezed his hand even tighter, as I made it through the hall of memories.

I stepped into DADA, and took my seat with Draco, the entire time not letting go of his hand. He could tell when I was calming down or tensing up, because I always squeezed his hand.

The entire class I found myself staring at the doorway. That stupid doorway that Cedric would always wait for me in with his charmingly bright smile.

He was mesmerizing as he stood over me in the doorway, the same doorway where we shared our first kiss

He was mesmerizing as he stood over me in the doorway, the same doorway where we shared our first kiss. The doorway where he found the courage to approach me. Today would not get any easier would it?

Potions class, now that was the worst. His stool remained empty, and Slughorn had been laying a flower on there each day. I squeezed Draco's hand once again as I felt tears start to drip down my face.

"It's okay darling." He wiped them off my face with his thumb, draping his arm across me.

"Draco." I squeezed his hand tight as I winced in pain, sobbing quietly as if I were muted.

"Miss Kingsley, would you like to be excused?" Slughorn offered politely, but drawing everyone's attention to me. Everyone in the room went silent when they saw the sobs I had been containing.

"Yes please, thank you sir." I got up, and instinctively Draco got up with me. He walked me out into the hallway, and I didn't have time to make it to anywhere private before I bursted out into loud sobs. "Why does he have to be gone Draco?" I cried into his shoulder as he held my head like an infant, rubbing my hair to calm me down.

"I don't know May." He said as his voice broke. Clearly, Draco had no connection to Cedric, but it hurt him to see me so distraught. He felt guilty for it, but he kept growing thankful that I still wanted him. "Maybe you're not quite there yet. Why don't we take the day off okay?" I only nodded, and he went back to my room with me.

"Draco you don't have to stay with me." I said laying on his chest just as I was this morning.

"Nonsense, I'll always stay with you." He began to run his fingers through my hair again.

"I don't mean physically, I mean you don't need to stay with me while I'm like this. I mean while I'm so damaged." I looked up at him with tears in my eyes at the thought of bringing him down with my constant sorrow.

"Kingsley, I will never leave you. I love you, and I don't care if we never leave this room I want to be with you, all of you, even the broken." A tear slid down my face at Draco's words of sentiment as I leaned in to kiss him.

"I love you too Draco."