The Truth

Obviously, whatever Cho told Professor McGonagall, Cedric had told her, which means he was never lying. Shit, and I've already slept with Draco..twice. That didn't turn out great, but maybe that's what I get for trying to change a Slytherin. He probably just wanted to say he tricked a Gryffindor into sleeping with him.

It was my first day back in classes after the Yule Ball, and I was anxious to sit next to Draco. Only when I sat down, he was nowhere to be seen. He never showed. I sat in class imagining his figure sat down next to me, making me laugh just as he always did.

No. I was back with Cedric and Draco was a liar. He isn't what's best for me, even if I wanted him to be.

Waiting in the doorway after class was Cedric, I missed how he always waited for me. I went up to him and was greeted with a kiss.

"I've missed that." He said smiling as he held me close by the waist.

"It was only a couple days Cedric." I teased him, holding onto his collar.

"It felt like a couple years." He said pulling me in for another one. "Shall we?" He said releasing his grip on my waist and holding his hand out. I grabbed his hand and walked to potions together. Once again, Draco was no where to be seen.

Cedric sat next to me, not caring too much for what Slughorn preferred. With how much Cedric sat by me, ignoring the other students who he was also supposed to assist, I didn't know how he was even still an aide. Regardless, I enjoyed my time with him without having to worry about Draco's possessive glare.

Cedric rested his hand on my thigh, but something about it just didn't seem sexual, it was calming. He rubbed circles with his thumb and it was so relaxing it almost put me to sleep, which made him laugh a couple times.

Class had dismissed and Cedric refused to leave my side until we were at the entrance of my next class.

"Are you okay if I leave?" He asked holding onto my chin.

"It's astronomy not a hostage situation." I laughed, letting him give me one last parting kiss. Ever since I took him back he never left without kissing me goodbye, as if he never knew when it would be the last.

I walked in the room and dropped my pen when I saw Draco in a seat, staring directly at me. My clumsiness caused by my flustering made him smirk. I chose to leave my pen and take my seat, which was thankfully right in front of him. Harry was in the seat next to me, so I may as well take advantage of the situation.

"Since when is Dra- I mean Malfoy in this class?" I whispered to Harry.

"I dunno, a schedule change perhaps." Harry answered, before drawing his attention back up to the Professor.

My eyes couldn't focus on Draco, but my mind sure did. I felt his stare burn into the back of my head, and the burn felt sad.

"Partners?" Harry asked, throwing me out of my trance.

"I'm sorry what?" I said, noticeably distracted.

"Blimey May were you paying attention at all? We're to pick a constellation that's all you need to know, I'll do the rest." He assured me.

"I love how you read my mind." I smiled touching his arm, which I knew would drive Draco mad. Harry blushed at the contact and smiled back at me. "How about Zhinu, isn't that one of star crossed lovers?"

"Ah so you do pay attention." Harry teased, inching closer suddenly feeling more confident. "How poor a girl must be to think she can change an unchangeable man." I knew Harry didn't know how that phrase would affect me, but it did.

"Isn't that what makes it star crossed? As in what makes it exciting." Harry blushed more as I bit my quill and got to work. As I looked behind me Draco didn't break his stare, he simply handed me a note.

Meet back at the astronomy tower @ 10

Whether or not I would actually show up was yet to be figured out, but after what he put me through, it was fun to string him along, so I sent him a shrug.

                                        ~

I decided to meet him, although it felt wrong. I was with Cedric, and Draco would probably try to pull something on me. It was up to me to contain myself, and simply talk. I lightly climbed the steps to see Draco standing at the top in all black holding an emerald green rose.

Draco's Pov

"Hello my love." I was now put back at the bottom and had to court her all over again.

"What do you want Malfoy?" Her last name basis sent a cold shiver down my spine.

"I didn't sleep with Pansy, May." I took a step closer towards her, and she didn't move away.

"Well something happened in that bloody room. Something big enough that Crabbe had to 'guard then door' until she left. I'm not a moron Malfoy, she had the same bruises I had-"

"Because I lost my temper!" I blurted out. How am I supposed to go about this conversation without scaring her away? "I didn't touch her the same way I touched you. My intent was to- to harm her." I said lowly, looking down at the ground.

"So you attacked her?" She backed away suddenly.

"Not intentionally. At least that wasn't the reason she was in my room." I slowly admitted little by little.

"Then why was she Draco? All I ask from you is honesty, or I'm going to continue to believe I wasn't enough for you." She was everything but not enough. She was everything I needed and graciously more.

"I've been- I'm sorry. I can't tell you or you'll hate me." Was this really worth it? Putting her in danger and driving her away?

"Draco." She stepped up to me and cupped my face, mixing our breaths. "Please just tell me." She muttered

"I've been working to- to earn the Dark Lords favor, and so has Pansy. That's why she was in there." Her hands slowly fell from my face, as she looked at me with a mixture of sadness and fear.
She stumbled backwards and I tried to take non threatening steps towards her.

"It's not my choice please understand May! Voldemort, he's- he's threatened my parents life, what else am I supposed to do? Believe me when I say I'm scared, I'm in pain, but you bring me the only ounce of joy I have. Please don't chose Diggory." She was no longer afraid, but she didn't inch any closer to me.

"Voldemort wants to kill Harry. Are you helping him?" Her eyes began to tear up.

"No. I haven't been asked to at least." Next thing I knew her hands were back on my face wiping away the tears I didn't even know I had.

"You're good Draco. I've seen it. I can't hate you. Not when I would do the same if my mother were on the line." She kissed my cheek, and brought my head down to her shoulder, holding me close. "It's gonna be okay Draco." She is truly an angel sent for me.

This was everything, all that I hated about myself, and all that I knew she would hate too, yet I remained in her arms.

"I meant it, I love you." I cried into her shoulder.

"Draco things are complicated. I'm still with Cedric, but I promise I won't leave your side." She wouldn't belong to him forever. I would guarantee that, but I refused to lose her now.

Whatever I had to do in order to draw her away from him later I would, but right now I was content with just her. She stayed with me all night, never once touching intimately, but I couldn't have asked for anything else.

I stayed up all night never once flinching a muscle. I didn't want to risk moving in my sleep and disturbing her rest upon my chest. I held her close to me as though I would never hold her in my arms again, watching the sunlight hit her face as she rested on my chest. She may be with Cedric right now, but fate paved a way for us.