The First Task

TW: sexual assault

It was the day of the first task. Soon my best friend and my boyfriend would be face to face with a dragon, all in the same day. I knew the champions tent was strictly forbidden, but I had to see Cedric.

I was so worried, what if he didn't make it? I had to see him again one more time. I slowly opened the slit in the tent and walked in, but no one was in there. After waiting for a bit and no one showing, I was going to leave, but someone made that very difficult.

As I turned around I bumped into a figure I could've sworn wasn't in the room before. It was Viktor Krum.

"Finally, we meet." He said, too close to my face for comfort.

"I'm sorry, I was just looking for Cedric, but seeing as he's not here I'll be on my way." I said anxious to leave, but as I turned around he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into him before groping my thighs.

"What's the rush love? I'm still here." He started to kiss my neck, with now both your wrists in his hands holding me in place. I pulled away as much of your lower body as I could, but his grip on my wrists was so tight it had control over all of me.

"Don't." I pleaded quietly.

"Don't what? Don't do this?" With one hand he groped my breast as he continued kissing my neck. Just as fear had paralyzed my body, I felt someone rip his grip from me.

"Never fucking touch her again! Do you hear me?! Get the bloody hell out of here!" It was Cedric. I stood there with my hands still where Viktor held them, as if he molded them there, I was frozen.

"I'm still a champion mate." Said Viktor holding both his arms up.

"Don't call me mate! I don't care what the fuck that Goblet says you are no champion, so fucking leave!" Viktor scoffed and left the room, probably less afraid of Cedric than he was the press finding out. Cedric ran over and held me, careful to wrap his arms around my neck and not my waist.

"I'm so sorry baby. I'm here I'm so sorry." I began to cry in his arms, my hands still frozen where Viktor left them against Cedrics chest.

"Cedric Diggory, you're up." Said Dumbledore peeking his head into the tent.

"Shit." Cedric muttered. "Baby stay right here okay?" Immediately I started shaking my head in Cedrics hands scared. "Baby shhh, I promise he won't come back in here. I'll talk to someone okay? The last thing you need is to watch me while I'm in there. You'll be safe I promise, stay here baby." He crashed his lips onto mine, and left the tent as his hand slid down my face.

I sat down for as long as I could, but the hollers were too much. I peeked outside of the tent, and saw Cedric standing on top of the unconscious dragon as I smiled to myself. He did it.

Ten minutes later, Cedric ran into the tent and kissed me without a word spoken.

"I just slayed a dragon!" He said out of breath and excited before kissing me once more.

"Cedric." I whispered through his heavy breathing.

"Yes?" He responded, his warm breath against my face.

"That was so hot." I pulled him into me and kissed him once again.

A/N there was a smut scene here but literally what was I thinking doing that RIGHT after she got assaulted🤨

~

All of Gryffindor was celebrating in the common room, and to be honest, the noise was just annoying, so I packed up and went to the library. I found a corner, and scanned through the fiction section.

There was a red book that stuck out, so I grabbed it and read the cover. 'I'll Never Love Again' read the title. This book must've strayed from the romance section. I was going to put it back in it's correct genre, when I decided to give it a try.

He was cruel, and I was sweet. Nothing about it made sense, I was even betrothed to another, but something about him made my body heat up like never before. The way he kissed me made me feel free. It didn't feel like when my love would kiss me, it felt like how a lover would kiss me. But this was stupid. I was in love with someone else already, wasn't I?

"Carol Dunburg." Spoke someone from the table next to me, breaking my focus. It was Draco. I had thought about this moment, when I could finally confront him. I figured I would be so angry I would be able to just tell him off. However, you found yourself wanting to speak to him, to enjoy him.

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

"The author, Carol Dunburg. I'm a fan." He said slowly putting his book down and getting up from his seat.

"Draco Malfoy? A fan of romance?" I almost laughed.

"I'm quite the romantic actually." He said smiling as he sat down in the seat next to me.

"Oh I've noticed. I heard you asked Pansy to the ball. At least that's what some would call it. The part where you said 'you have no choice' really made me envy the girl." He rolled his eyes and laughed with me.

"I'm a romantic with people I romanticize, and I simply don't fancy Pansy." For some reason when he said that the knot in my heart, that I didn't even know was there, released.

"Then why ask her?" I was looking for a certain answer, but I didn't know what it was.

"Dates are required. However, if you saw the way I was going to ask the girl I truly fancy, even you wouldn't have been able to say no." He smirked at me.

"Didn't she say no though if you're going with Pansy?" I wondered, but really just wanted to know who it was that would make Draco a romantic.

"I never got to ask. Someone else beat me to it." He said with his smile fading into a frown.

Draco's Pov

Was this a moment we were sharing? Should I tell her I was meant to ask her, and that it was my necklace she's yet to take off?

"I'm sorry to hear that." She said breaking my train of thought, sounding truly sorry.

"It happens." I said looking deeply into her eyes. We sat there for a minute, or for what felt like eternity. She stared into my grey eyes and it felt intimate, more intimate than a night with her could ever be.

"How did you ask her?" She asked me with her bottom lip quivering.

"I made up with her best friend, and she conjured a rose for me." I saw her eyes slightly widen, and with that statement I leaned in a little closer.

"Then she helped me to enchant it." Closer. "See when the right person touches it, a butterfly would land on her neck." Closer.

Inches apart I ran my hand up her neck and began to play with the chain. "And it would turn into a necklace." Closer. Our noses brushed against each other as I touched the pendant she wore. She didn't move away from me, but she didn't pull closer either.

We both stayed there in a state of lust, and of not knowing what would happen next. Who would make the first move?