This Years Champions Are..

I woke up excited, today they would announce who will be competing in the Tri Wizard Tournament. This meant a lot to Cedric, I knew how much he desperately wanted to compete, which means it now meant a lot to me that he got chosen.

The tasks would be dangerous, but I had confidence in him. I got dressed and walked down to the Hufflepuff door to meet up with him before the announcement. I stood there and waited for Cedric to come out, and when he did he flashed me the biggest smile before he ran up to me. He hugged your waist and lifted me off the ground as he spun me. When he finally put me down he pulled me into a kiss that made time stop.

"Now who's stalking who Kingsley?" He teased smiling against my face.

"I was actually waiting for someone else, but it seemed rude to interrupt you." He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand as I readied yourself for the names to be drawn. I sat down by Cedric in the Great Hall, and one of his friends sat down on the other side of me. Cedric shot him a glare, but he didn't move.

He took it upon himself to grab my chin and kiss me hard, which did the job as his friend got up and found a new spot. I was about to call him out for it when Dumbledore spoke up.

"Sit down please. Now, the moment you've been waiting for, the champion selection." Dumbledore drew the first name out of the flame. "The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!" All of his friends high fived him and elbowed him in support. He stood up and shook Dumbledores hand then walked up to the platform.

He found me in the crowd and winked at me, which Cedric must have noticed because I felt his grip tighten on my waist and pull me closer.

"The champion of Beaubaxtons is Fleur Delacour!" She was gorgeous. Fleur had stunning blonde hair made into a perfect ponytail, and she had curves I would never have. I looked at Cedric as he watched and prayed he didn't see what I saw.

Slowly I moved away from him, hoping he wouldn't feel the lack of curves on my waist compared to hers. He gave me a confused look and was about to speak up when Dumbledore announced the final champion.

"The Hogwarts champion..Cedric Diggory!" He smiled as his friends hyped him up, but he refused to go up to the platform until I kissed his cheek.

"We'll talk later okay?" He said to me as he stood up soaking in his applause.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions, but in the end only one will go down in history." Everyone was distracted by the beauty of the Tri Wizard Cup, but I noticed something else. The flame in the goblet was turning red again, it was going to reveal another name.

Snape seemed to notice the same thing as me, because he began to walk towards it. Dumbledore turned around and grabbed the excess name the fire spit out. "Harry Potter?" Gasps were spread around the room as he repeated himself. "Harry Potter?!"

Harry was trying to hide behind students, but Hermione pressured him into standing up. Harry went up to Dumbledore, but was not welcomed with a handshake, it was more of a death stare. As he walked up to the platform, bitter kids spit words at him.

"He's a cheat."

"He's not even 17 yet."

"Your Tri Wizard champions everyone." Dumbledore said plainly, and slow applause rose out of everyone.

                                       ~

I waited for Cedric in the hallway as people flooded through, but I easily spotted his big brown eyes, and he spotted mine.

"Baby." He said as he greeted m with a kiss on the cheek. It was the first time he'd ever called me that. "What's going on?"

"I'm not sure. Harry's not even seventeen-"

"Not that." He interrupted. "You pulled away from me." He said resting his forehead on mine.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I said pulling away again. He looked at me sad, and simply nodded then walked away, kissing my forehead first to assure me he wasn't mad.

All I wanted to do was manage to get through my first class. This time when I arrived I was actually on time. There were many open seats for me, especially by my friends, but I didn't want to be rude and make it seem like I hated sitting next to Malfoy. He was quiet and didn't distract me.

It's been years, if he wanted to harass me he would've by now. I took your seat next to him, and to my surprise he spoke his first words to me. Ever.

"You don't have to." He said quietly.

"I'm sorry?" I responded

"You don't have to sit by me if you don't want to, but I am quite nice to cheat off of." He looked up at me and smiled. Was this happening right now? Draco Malfoy just spoke his first words to me, and they weren't hateful or insecurity provoking, he cracked a joke.

"I think you're quite nice to sit by actually." I smiled back at him and we both faced the front as Mad Eye began the lesson. For some reason tension was high. I suddenly felt the need to fix my posture, and I suddenly wanted him to notice me. Draco began bouncing his leg, which made me think I wasn't the only one who felt this tension.

It felt like hours on hours, but next thing I knew Mad Eye stopped talking and told us to start on the assignment with the person next to you.

"Where did you get your necklace?" Asked Draco the second we were allowed to talk.

"Oh it's a weird story." I blew it off.

"Enlighten me." He said, leaning his elbow on the table.

"Well I found it in a rose on the ground, kind of. It was enchanted, when I touched the rose a butterfly landed on my neck, and it became a necklace. I guess I just haven't thought to take it off. Should I, do you think it's weird that I wear it when it's not for me?" I watched him purse his lips.

"Not at all, it looks beautiful on you anyways. Maybe it was still meant for you." He said staring at my neck. I blushed which made him smirk, but not a sly or condescending one, a sweet one.

Draco's Pov

She wasn't late for class today. There were plenty of open seats, but she still sat by me. If I had any chance at having her, this was my chance. I did what I had only ever imagined, and just like that, I spoke to her. I let her know I wouldn't hold her hostage, she didn't have to sit by me, but I really wanted her to.

I made myself seem less miserable by telling her she could cheat off of me as a joke, but it was partly truthful. She laughed and it made me smile. Everything about her lit up the world, as if she was what kept the sun up for hours a day. Her smile was the sun.

It seemed as though she was enjoying my presence almost as much as I enjoyed hers, she even said so herself. The lesson started and I found my eyes wander over her direction every 10 seconds. That's when I noticed it, the necklace, the one I planted in the rose, she was wearing it. Surely she didn't know it was from me. Did she still find it? This was a sign.

Out of everything, her eyes noticed the rose I left on the ground, and she picked it up. This was no coincidence, through everything she still found what I had created for her, and she wore it. This was my sign it wasn't too late, I could still have her. I just had to keep trying.