bonus chapter? pt. 1

hello??

it's been a while you guys :) how are y'all?? 

firstly, thanks so much for all the support on this story <3 we hit 20k views and 1k votes, so thank you all, ilyy

so I knowww that I said that there wasn't gonna be a bonus chapter or anything of the sort, but guess what? apparently, I lied so sorry about that 

actually, there's going to be 3 bonus chapters that I'll release on separate days. I'm done with most of them but I'm still revising and editing and all that. i know my writing isn't all that great but I've been working on these chapters for a while now, and I'd like to think they're much longer than I usually write, so please enjoy! 

It was really fucking easy. All I had to do was jump out the window.

Early in the morning, the sun was only just rising. Both my owners were sound asleep in the same apartment we've been living in for more new moons than I can count. Cold air washed over me as I sat on the windowsill, scanning the lonely sidewalks underneath me.

Kenma... where are you?

I sighed and let solemnity crawl over my face, lifting myself to my paws and jumping back onto the floor. Next to me, laying in slumber and sprawled out over an ivory mattress, the two humans that took care of me were cuddled together, bare skin touching one another, eyes closed as their consciousness dangled over their heads.

An arm suddenly threw itself over the edge of the bed, hanging off the bedding. WHAT THE FUCK

I ducked my head, hastily dodging the slightly bulky french fry that nearly tried to murder me. Scowling in traumatic fear, I huffed. The owner that the arm belonged to was the one with the black and white hair who looked like an owl. He did that a lot: his arm would go ⬆️⬅️↙️↖️⬇️↖️↙️⬆️ while he slept and slap me in the face. The golden ring on his fourth finger gleamed resplendently, the light from the earliest break of dawn reflecting off its shiny surface. lmao i tried to eat that once

The duo-haired human mumbled to himself, rolling over. Rubbing against his back was another human, but this time with black hair that looked like macaroni glued together and painted with ebony ink. I liked that guy, he had black fur just like me.

I guess the other one also technically had black fur, but he was special to me for different reasons.

Both of them had their flaws though. The owl one was really noisy, which is bad already. The other one had cold feet all day every day, and it made me cold too. Overall, they were both top-tier owners. I just wish they were like that to Kenma.

Kenma ran away a long time ago. He didn't even tell me he was going to! I had to use fucking context clues to figure that out! My owners were depressed, I was depressed. Kenma, you bitch, why would you do that to us?? I even liked him.

The two humans are always looking out the see-through panes, and I think they might be trying to find him. But I can tell that they have lost their faith that he'll be found.

That's something else I don't like about them. They gave up so easily.

Hunger scratched at my stomach. Giving one last glance at the two men sleeping on the bed, I trodded towards the section of the room with the brown cabinets and tiled floors: the food-place. The food-place was interesting. It was very habitable for different species. Not only did it have a cold-room filled with food, but it also had a hot-room that my owners would very occasionally put food in. But then, they would take it out after a while, and the food would look different.