thirteen: keiji akaashi

thank you so much for 1.5K views! i appreciate it!!

"Wow," I smiled lightly, strolling into Bokuto's apartment. "It's clean here."

"I know right!!" he grinned. "I'm really responsible, you know."

I looked around, trying to take in every detail of his living space. After walking into his apartment, I was immediately greeted with a coat rack and cabinets for shoes. A rounded wall steered us into the direction of his open bedroom and living space, as well as an exposed kitchen. There was an opened door at the end of the wall, which I assumed led to his bathroom.

A pet bed was located next to his bed, along with a dozen cat toys stuffed in the corner. There were photographs hung up on the walls, and I saw the owl photo that was showed to me rest proudly on the wall. I smiled when I saw it.

"Do you want a drink or... something??" Bokuto asked me, his head tilting. "Uh, I have... tea, I think. Shit, I didn't prepare for this."

I let out a small laugh. "It's okay, Kotaro. Do you mind if I take a seat?" I asked, trying to soothe the awkward atmosphere. "If you have tea, that would be nice."

"Sure! Sit wherever you want!!" Bokuto flailed his arms around, obviously trying to motion something, but I couldn't tell what it was. "I'll see if I have anything, get comfortable, baby!"

After sitting down on one of his couches, I continued to view his room. A lot of his photographs were framed and nailed on the walls, but each one had a special gorgeousness to them. On different parts of the apartment, I spotted smaller pictures taped onto the walls. I didn't notice them at first, but they were captured moments of selfies, hikes, and happy experiences with friends. In one of the pictures, I saw a picture of Bokuto and Oikawa, flashing enthusiastic peace signs.

I raised my head to look at his bed, which was behind me. His sheets were rather monotone, with black and grey designs at the edges of ivory white blankets. Two pillows sat at the head of his bed, and it took me a while, but I eventually realized that a black blob was stuffed in between them.

wait what the fuck-

I squinted my eyes. It was Bokuto's cat. His head was buried in between the pillows of the bed, his body squished against itself. I could swear he wasn't breathing.

"I got green tea, if that's okay," Bokuto's voice interrupted my thoughts. He placed the tea on the coffee table in front of us. "Is something wrong, KeihijIjijihihi??"

"...Is Kuroo okay?" I asked.

"Oh, him? Wait, where is he?" Kotaro glanced in the direction where I was staring at. "Oh! That guy! He looks kind of dead, right? But he isn't, he's just fucking weird." The golden-eyed male marched to where the pillows were and snatched them off the mattress.

Laying atop the bed was a curled up ball of fur, squeezed into the most compact position I've ever seen. I couldn't see his limbs. His face was completely blended in with the rest of his body. After the pillows were taken away, the shape of a head formed at one of the ends of the blob. Kuroo raised his head and his head turned slowly as he looked around him.

"He just sleeps like that," Bokuto shrugged. "It's pretty simple actually." He put the pillows back beside Kuroo and reached his hand out to pet his head.

"Is... that normal??"

"Yeah. What? Does Kenma not do that?" He continued rubbing Kuroo's head, but then suddenly shot his head to look at the ball of fur. "Ew- no, he's licking me-"

"...cats are supposed to do that," I looked at him concerningly.

"I don't like it! His tongue's weird," he pulled his hands back from Kuroo's head and started scuttling towards the kitchen sink. "I'm just going to wash my hands, drink your tea babe!!"