eight: kotaro bokuto

"Bo-chan!! I missed you~!" the brown-haired employee chirped as the bells of the Aoba Johsai cafe chimed from my appearance.

I blinked in surprise as the brunet sprung towards me when I stepped into the small building. I stumbled at his sudden but welcoming action, his arms wrapped around my back in a friendly hug.

"Oikawaimholdingacat," I said as I pushed him away, gesturing to the cat carrier in my hands. "You could've killed Kuroo, you bitch!"

"Mean, Bokuto! I can't believe you actually came~ I thought you were joking when you said you had a date!" he crouched down to look into the carrier I was holding. He grinned as he caught a glance at Kuroo's dopey face and ink colored fur. "Ah! Kuroo's so cute~ I wish I had a cat like him!"

I pouted, kicking his stomach with my shoe. "No, you don't. He's a piece of shit. Can I get my table now? I made a reservation!!"

After securing a date with the prettiest man I've ever seen, I remembered about Oikawa and how he had gotten a job at the Aoba Johsai cafe that we used to visit all the time when we were younger. I hadn't seen him for some time, so I made a reservation for Akaashi and me.

One of the reasons why we loved to come here all the time was because it was a pet-friendly cafe, and we would gawk at all the animals that came here. Akaashi had suggested that we bring our pets with us. He actually wanted to because he said he was nervous, which I found really cute.

"Fine, Bo-chan. I hope you chose someone nice~" Oikawa smiled, leading me to a short bar-like table with cushions as chairs that was located in front of a window.

My eyes wandered around the familiar aqua-colored walls of the cafe and fresh white windowsills. Two potted plants sat alongside each other on the wooden surface, rays of sunlight streaming onto their vibrant leaves. "Woah! There are plants here now!!"

"I'm so happy you noticed! I added them myself!" Oikawa beamed proudly as he gazed at the greenery. "Do you like them?"

"Yeah! They're so fancy!"

"I know right!! I stole them from someone I know!"

"Wow!! I want some too!"

"But then you'd have a cat and a plant! That's not fair when I only have plants!"

"Oikawa, be quiet," a dark-haired man with parted hair called from the front counter. "You're too loud."

"Sorry, Kunimi~" Oikawa smiled before pointing at me. "He's a friend of mine. Make sure you give him extra treatment! He has a date today!"

"Hm. If you say so," the male shrugged, heading into the kitchen.

I set Kuroo on the bench and opened the carrier door. He crawled out, completely unphased by the fact that he was just transported to a completely different place. He grinned at me before turning to look at Oikawa.

"Ahh! Kuroo has such a cool hairstyle!" Oikawa squeaked, letting his hand dangle in front of the cat's nose. "Awww, he's so cute! I want a pet! Even Mattsun and Makki got a dog!"

"Mattsun and Makki?"

"They work here," Oikawa sighed, petting Kuroo's head with a gentle hand. "They said that they wanted to get a dog that would play with them and go on walks with them, so they adopted a really cute one named Kyotani! But they keep complaining about how he won't play with them and bites and growls at them a lot. I actually went to see him once. He was really edgy so I started calling him 'Mad dog-chan.'"

"An edgy dog? I want to meet!!"

"They went to the pet store yesterday. They should be thankful I keep getting them discounts for dog stuff!"

The chimes of bells interrupted our conversation, and I turned to look at who it was. A grin immediately enveloped my face.

"AGGHKGHAASHIEE" I blurted out when my eyes landed on the man walking through the door. He looked stunning. It had cooled down a bit since 2:00, and it seemed like the small breeze that drifted through the sky now had come just to accompany Akaashi's grace and beauty. His short curly black hair was gleaming in the sunlight and his skin radiated with a beauty only the gods could have given him. He was wearing a nice white shirt with sleeves reaching his elbows and navy blue shorts edged with ivory.

"Wow, Bo-chan!" Oikawa whispered to me. "He's pretty! Damn, look at those thighs~"

My eyes trailed down to his legs. They were strong under his torso and strode with a sense of maturity. His pants were short, probably because of the heat, and revealed a lot of skin in his lower body.

My lips parted as I stared at him. His eyes, even as they hinted his nervousness in walking in, were a beautiful gunmetal blue. "So pretty," I murmured to myself.

"Wait, why are you surprised too?" Oikawa raised an eyebrow. "You actually know him, right?" I just stared at Akaashi as he walked in. "Hm, he seems really cute, don't you think? Do you think he would look good in a skirt? Lingerie??"

"Oikawa-"

"Oh, Bokuto-san. There you are." Akaashi began to walk towards me and I froze up. I didn't know how to greet him.

"Oh! That's my queue to leave right??" Oikawa winked at me. "Have fun, Bo-chan!! I'll come to get your order soon!!"

"I-" I was about to say something to the brunet before he left, but before I knew it, Akaashi had settled on the floor next to me. "Oh- hey, Aghaashee!!" I grinned. "Aww, you look super pretty, did you know that?"

"You told me once before, but okay," he gave a soft smile, gently placing down the carrier I didn't know he was holding on the floor. He unlocked the door to it and I tilted my head down to look inside of it. It was a cat, a calico one to be precise. He was curled up in the back of the carrier, his paw wrapped around a volleyball toy. His ear twitched as he stared at me with suspicious eyes.

"Oh yeah! My cat!" I suddenly remembered about Kuroo. "Hey, Ackghaashii," I tapped his shoulder vigorously, even though his attention was already on me. "Meet my cat!! This is Kuroo! He's a dumbass so I'm sorry about him in advance."

I made big gestures to the black colored cat, who was nudging curiously at Akaashi's cat's carrier.

Akaashi stared at him in interest. He was quiet, his eyes silently following Kuroo as the feline peeked his head into the carrier. The cat looked up at Akaashi and seemed to grin at him.

To my surprise, Akaashi gave a small laugh, tugging at my heartstrings. "Aw, he's adorable," he smiled. He looked at me with a questioning glance. "His fur is... unique."

He was referencing his weirdass 'hairstyle.'

"Yeah.. he's weird," I watched as Akaashi's hands gently grazed over Kuroo's head. "You said your cat was named Kenma, right?"

He nodded. "He's a little bit on the introverted side, but he's a nice companion. I like him a lot. Thank you again for finding his volleyball. He was getting rather moody without it."

"No problem~" I watched as Kuroo crawled into Kenma's carrier, and I began to stop him. "Woah, Kuroo, you should let Kenma have some space first, bro-" Half his body was inside of the carrier, the other half out. His long, bushy tail flickered and he began to step out of the carrier. Following him out of the carrier was the calico cat once snuggled up inside. It seemed like Kenma had been dragged out of the container, but he was following Kuroo willingly anyway. "Wait... did... Kuroo just get some??"

"Oh. That's a surprise," Akaashi muttered. "I wasn't expecting Kenma to come out of the carrier for some time. Your cat must have charm."

"No, he doesn't," I immediately assured him. "I mean... do you think I have more charm?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"But... do I?"

"...of course you do, Bokuto-san." 

missing these seijou volleyball dorks ToT 

forever bara arms iwa 

still waiting for the rest of s4, even though it's delayed...

- lexi