eighteen

this is in third person!

"Damn. It's been exactly two years since we started dating," Bokuto mumbled to himself, stroking Kuroo's head with a gentle hand on his sleeping mattress. Akaashi sat cross-legged beside him, occasionally flicking up a finger to rub at the ebony cat's cheek. "That's kind of long."

"It went by quickly," Akaashi said sentimentally, laughing lightly. "Um. Happy Anniversary, Kotaro."

The duo-haired man grinned up at his boyfriend. "Yeah! Happy anniversary, babe!!!"

The pairing was eager to celebrate their 2nd dating anniversary together, but instead of going out in honor of the recognition, they decided to spend the entire day by themselves at Bokuto's apartment since, quote, "not only is there a shit load of people outside today, they all smell like shit. They'll ruin our date."

Their day had consisted of movies, cuddling, and lots of kisses. The two had finished a light homemade dinner together and were now spending "cat bonding time" with Kuroo as the harem anime protagonist. Except the two only other characters were already in a relationship. 

Where was Kenma? Akaashi was still torn-up about his disappearance, but the resignation that it was unlikely he be found after all this time was building up, although a pinch of hope still flickered in his chest.

Wherever he is, I hope he's well. Maybe I'll see him in the next life.

"What else are we going to do tonight?" Akaashi asked, smoothing out some untidy patches of fur on Kuroo's back. "Any ideas?"

"how about we f u c k."

"I-"

Bokuto snorted, squishing his hand against Kuroo's forehead. "You were literally asking for that response," he teased. "Besides, I may or may have not bought a kinky bunny costume set that I really want you to wear but I don't think you'd ever submit to wearing it in the entirety of your life."

Confusion skittered across Akaashi's face. "Why... why would you buy it if you knew I wouldn't wear it?"

"It was on sale," Bokuto pouted, glancing down at the black feline. "And I thought I might give it a shot. But then I never took the shot." The owl-like man looked up, a sparkle in his eye. "Would you wear it, though??"

"No."

"Why??"

"Why should I?"

"It's not even that big of a deal!! It's basically just Halloween! Except there's no candy. And it's not October. And you're the only person who's dressing up." Bokuto's eyes widened buoyantly. "And the costume also shows your dick."

There was a silence.

"Okay, let's change the subject," Akaashi said, a tart bashfulness edging his voice as he gave a flat smile, his internal system screeching with embarrassment.

"Damnit. I knew you'd say that." Bokuto moped, dragging his finger along Kuroo's fur disappointedly. Akaashi tilted his head, staring at Kotaro with interest for no reason in particular.

The golden-eyed male bit his lip, looking up to meet Keiji's pupils. "So... uh, do you wanna go outside..? Like, later on tonight? I mean, for the date."

Akaashi leaned in to brush Kuroo's body, pressing his lips against his head. "Mmn... but there are too many people."

"There won't be if it's late, right? Like, it's 9! Not as many people will be out when it's this dark!"

"Hm..." Kotaro gazed at his boyfriend hopefully, searching desperately for the tiniest bit of enthusiasm in his voice. "Well, I guess then."

"Sweet! How about we go to the park?"