nine: keiji akaashi

"Are you... okay?" I asked, my voice edged with concern as the white and black haired man before me completely froze up at my words. "Bokuto-san?"

I gently nudged his shoulder, but he just continued to stare at me with a red, surprised face and wide, golden eyes.

Awkwardly, I glanced at Kenma for moral support. He was being continuously pushed by Bokuto's cat, his grinning face nuzzling the calico feline dominantly. I gave a grim smile and turned back to look at Bokuto.

I took a deep breath before trying my hardest to strike up a conversation. "Um, so, Bokuto-san, let's get to know each other more," I suggested, leaning forward to make sure my words could be heard. "Is 'Bokuto' your... surname?"

Bokuto was stiff in his movements but nodded ever so slightly. "..yeah."

"What's your first name?"

At this, Bokuto suddenly became much more energetic. "Kotaro!" he nearly shouted. "Oh- ahem, my first name is Kotaro. You know, you can call me Kotaro is you want!"

I bit my lip. It felt so wrong to start calling someone by their first name right after you met them, but I didn't want to refuse for some reason. Because I definitely wanted to call him that. "Kotaro-san? It doesn't roll off my tongue," I muttered to myself.

"Drop the honorific titles, Aghaashee! Just 'Kotaro!'"

I hesitated for a second. "...Ko... Kotaro."

...

"ahshluashduhlisdsufisfhuhu," Bokuto shouted, cupping his cheeks with his hands and slapping them lightly. "That's- oh my God, ahh! iahlahdushdhailhdshalszd Σ>―(〃°ω°〃)♡→(*¯ ³¯*)♡" He buried a flushed face in his hands. "ijahlhlshhsuiah ahh, holy fucking shit- you're so adorable, Akghaashieeee!!"

I was confused at first, tipping my head to the side. But eventually, his embarassed, blushing reaction made me smile. He was cute. I let out a small laugh, closing my eyes. "Thank you-"

I opened my eyes to find him staring at me eagerly. "...Kotaro. Thank you, Kotaro," I finished quietly. 

Before I knew it, the taller male sprung towards me, wrapping my body in his embrace. "Ahh!! ♡\( ̄▽ ̄)/♡ (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ ) ♡" It surprised me. But I smiled anyway. He pulled away, placing his arms sturdily on my shoulders. "Okay, does that mean I can call you 'Keiji' ??"

Our faces were quite close apart, but I tried to ignore that. "Of course you can," I replied softly. "But..." I looked away, specifically at Kenma for more moral support. "...you don't have to."

"hfshlikhdsufhisfk I'm obviously going to!! Keiji~ Keiji~" Bokuto sang, shaking my shoulders. "Keiji~~~ how old are you??"

"That was..." I laughed a bit, looking back at Bokuto, "a sudden change of topic, but okay. I'm 24."

"WOwowowowoow I'm 25!!" Bokuto shook my shoulders more vigorously. "I'm older than you!! Does that give me topping privileges??"

"Age doesn't affect topping privileges," I scoffed, looking away once again, but this time, not only for even more additional moral support from Kenma, but also to hide the gradual blush growing warmer on my face.

***

"BO-CHAN" a brunet came to halt at where we sat, two glasses of water in his hands. "How is your date going?? Ooh, is this your boyfriend??" He set the two glasses on the table.

"Oikawa, this is Keiji Akaashi," Bokuto gestured at me. "See how pretty he is???"

"Yes! Oh my God, he's beautiful," Oikawa put his hands over his lips and stared at me with a beaming face. "Okay, so, hi~ I'm Tooru Oikawa- you know, I kind of work here so if you need anything, ask me!"