eleven: keiji akaashi

I got a text on my phone. 'is your shift over yet, aghaashi??? im coming overrrrrrrrr'

I couldn't help a smile crawling onto my face. It was a few days ago we had begun dating, and Bokuto had been coming to visit me a lot during my break after we did. Sometimes, he would bring some food for me to eat.

So... am I gay?

Probably.

Am I slowly falling in love with some owl man?

Well, yeah.

"Akaashi!" A gruff voice snapped me out of my increasingly distracting thoughts. "Get your head out of the clouds, you have customers!"

My head immediately shot up after hearing Iwaizumi's voice, and I nodded slowly by instinct. "Oh, yeah, sorry," I mumbled, straightening my posture before locking eyes with the young lady in front of me and flashing a small smile. She delicately placed the box of dog treats and pet toys she was buying onto the black conveyor-belt, beaming back at me.

"I'm sorry about that, ma'am," I apologized, adding a light laugh. "I was zoning out... so, is this all you're buying?" I recited the customary lines I spoke every day, a polite tone lacing the words. Any of these customers could screw me up right now and get me fired. I swear to God, Karens are so fucking common now.

"Yes, these are all I'm buying~" the lady gave an overly-sweet smile as I began to scan the items repeatedly. "So," she glanced at my name tag, "Akaashi, what was on your mind?"

I blinked. Was she asking me that? "Oh, nothing much," I shrugged, punching in numbers on the cashier register. "That would be $16.75. Would you like a bag with that?"

"Sure," she nodded, the smile not leaving her face as she handed me her card. She tucked a strand of bleached hair behind her ear. "You know if anything's on your mind, you should talk to someone about it~ My friends do that all the time with me, and I always listen to them~~~" Her voice was drowned in a sugary insincerity.

ok what is your point

"You must be a nice friend," I said, scanning her credit card.

"Well, I am a better friend than most people." what is that supposed to mean you pretentious bitch "Actually, one of my friends is hosting a party this Saturday... if you want to come and talk for a while, we can get closer." She gave an obviously affected giggle. "Usually only close friends are invited, but I can let you be an exception~ I already feel like we have a connection. You look really good too."

what the hell i haven't even talked to you for more than 2 minutes ????

"Oh," I smiled wearily. "Thank you but I'm really sorry, I don't think I can make it. I have some things to do that day, and I don't want to intrude on your time with friends." I was lying haha

"No, don't worry. They won't mind! And my husband's gone for the weekend so you don't have to be concerned about him either!"

can you leave plz

"I have plans that day, ma'am, I really don't think I can make it," I insisted, getting irritated at her. She had a husband so why was she trying to drag me to a fucking party? There was an oddly sexual vibe to her words and I really didn't like it. It made my stomach sick. I hastily shoved her items in the bag, praying that she leaves soon.

"Akaashi!" her artificial voice was loud as she aggressively stuck her hand on top of mine, her acrylic nails scraping over my thumb dryly.

I nearly threw up.