seven: keiji akaashi

thanks so much to everybody reading this! it means a lot to me :)

"Oh? A date tomorrow?" Iwaizumi snickered, leaning against the doorframe to the employees-only lounge. It was a Friday, and Bokuto and I were meeting up tomorrow. We had spent a long time chatting over text, and I'm not sure why, but I had a lot of fun talking to him. His personality had always seemed a bit overly-outgoing, and all my previous friends always had a reserved attitude. It was something new. "With who?"

"Well, you don't have to know about it," I replied nonchalantly, shoving all my things into my bag and flinging it over my shoulder. "It's not important."

"Hm, if you say so," the shorter male shrugged, half-closing his eyes as a smile enveloped his face. "Have fun there, Akaashi."

I scoffed, waving a small good-bye as I walked out of the lounge and the store. It was burning outside, the scorching heat of the sun seeping into my hair and rubbing at my skin. I sighed as I reached my car and began driving towards my apartment.

***

"Kenma! I'm home!" I called out as I wandered into the dwelling. "I'm sweating like shit... I should take a shower..."

A small mew was heard from the couch as I walked by, and I smiled at the resting cat. Quickly, I readjusted the shades of the windows. "Don't burn up, Kenma. It's hot today."

As I spent time in the shower, the thought of Bokuto seemed to flood my mind. I'm pretty sure he had a pet. A dog, maybe? He seemed sweet and energetic; an animal to match his enthusiasm would be nice for him.

I don't know why I decided to agree to the date. I'm not gay... or am I?

I guess he seemed excited about it, and I would feel bad if I rejected him. He helped me with finding Kenma's volleyball and seemed caring enough. Maybe I just thought that agreeing to the date would be my thanks for his kindness.

I realized I had been frozen and holding my breath for the past few seconds. I gave a heavy sigh and bit my lip. I don't know why I'm lying to myself.

I said "yes" to the date because I wanted to see him again.

I paused, the warm water sliding down my back and crashing against the ground before finding its way through holes in the drain. Why did I want to see him again? Maybe it was something about the way he smiled at me or the way he waved goodbye yesterday. It was an odd feeling of desire, and it was new to me.

Slowly, my thumb trailed up to my mouth and rubbed my lower lip as I stared at the running water at my feet. Hm... weird.

After taking a shower, I felt more refreshed. Picking out an outfit that consisted of navy blue, black, and white tones, I checked the time. It was a bit over half an hour until 3:00. To pass some of the extra time, I decided to sit down with Kenma on the floor.

He mewed at me and I gently patted his head before caressing his cheeks. His ears twitched as he lay his head down on the floor. "Kenma," I pursed my lips, rubbing my fingers against his fur. "I'm a little bit nervous about this 'date.' I... might be trembling." I lifted my hand from his head and held it in the air for a while. My fingers were quivering.

"Meow >:("

"Sorry," I smiled softly, putting down my hand and continuing to pet the calico cat. "Isn't Aoba Johsai pet-friendly? I wonder if I could bring you with me... you know, it might help ease my nerves."

"Meow~ (ΦωΦ)"

"Do you think it's too late to ask him...?"

"Meow~ (^=˃ᆺ˂) (˃ᆺ˂ =^) (^=˃ᆺ˂) (˃ᆺ˂ =^) "

"...you think so?" I muttered to myself, watching as Kenma shook his head. It was probably by chance, but I decided to listen.

My heart was practically drumming with anxiety as I began to text the black and white-haired man on my phone.

---

hey Bokuto-san?

Bokuto-san

?????

i heard that aoba johsai is pet-friendly

would it be okay if i brought my cat with me tomorrow? you could bring your pet as well

i know that a date is supposed to be one on one but I'm feeling a bit nervous and i think he might help me ease my nerves

Bokuto-san

omg ur right it is pet-friendly :00000

ya lets have pet bondinggg

i have a cat too :3 double dateee

that would be nice :)

thank you, Bokuto-san

Bokuto-san

<333

don't be nervous boo ;) its tmr, you still have time to prepareee

everything will go just fine~

...

thank you, Bokuto-san <3

---

I smiled, closing my eyes as I put down my phone. "Well, Kenma," I laughed softly to myself. "I guess you're going on a date with me now."

The cat blinked up at me. "Mrow...? =^● ⋏ ●^="

"Don't worry, love," I reassured him. "I'm sure she'll be kind and sweet. I heard that pets match their owners."

My phone vibrated again.

---

Bokuto-san

btw

i hope ur cat's gay

what

---

heyy time to finally update uwu

-lexi