Prologue

Up and coming star of the Brooklyn Nets, Tremaine Neverson, has been accused of yet another cheating scandal. Sources report that over the last six months, he has booked a hotel suite at the Downtown Embassy Suites every Wednesday and doesn't check out until late Thursday morning. And is it just a coincidence that Wednesday's happen to be the days that his fiancée and head captain of the Brooklyn Nets "Brooklynettes" holds late practices? We hope all is well in the life and relationship of this power couple. More news to come later on tonight.

Demi closed the iMessage from Trey's publicist and tossed her phone to the side of her. There was always a cheating scandal with Trey and she tried her hardest not to believe them but the media had a way of seeping into her mind and make her believe everything that they said to be true because it all made perfect sense. She was home at three am with an 18.2k diamond Cartier ring on her left ring finger and Trey was nowhere to be found. And it was Wednesday. There were late practices but never this late...unless he went out with the boys like he normally did.

Demi rolled over in the California King four poster canopy bed and lifted the picture of them from their high school graduation off of their nightstand. That seemed so long ago...six years ago. Six years ago it had been her and Trey against the world. It still felt like that sometimes, but not as often as it used to. Not like how it felt when they were conquering college together and he would kiss away her tears when she was overwhelmed and she would ice his injuries after a long day of practice. Not like how it felt when he had finally proposed to her after a three month long fight because he had been drafted to the Brooklyn Nets and she wanted to go off to medical school to get her MD. It just didn't feel like that anymore and she didn't know why.

"You know that's my favorite picture of us," Demi crinkled her nose and set the picture down. She rolled over and Trey was hovering over her. She didn't even hear him come in but the house was so big that she probably wouldn't have heard it anyways.

"Not even our college pictures or the ones of us in Jamaica or the ones from our childhood?" Demi questioned as Trey leaned over and flicked on the night lamp. He was still in his practice clothes and he smelled like the gym. The smell was familiar but it didn't make him stink any less.

"No, it's that one. It was me and you against the world in that one. We were ready to conquer the world together and it doesn't feel like that anymore," then he had felt it too. Demi exhaled and looked up at his copper colored eyes. He was exhausted and she could tell. They were training extra hard for the playoff games coming up and Demi knew that her baby was exhausted.

"Nothing they say is true. My publicist sent me the same message. Those sources are fake and I haven't been anywhere but the gym. Have I given you a reason not to trust me, Demi?" Demi thought back to the 17 years that they had known each other. Trey had never cheated. He had lied a few times about silly petty stuff but he had never cheated. They'd only had a few huge falling outs in their lives. He'd always kept his promises, from the big ones to the small ones like promising to pick her up from practice on time or promising to grab her dry cleaned uniform. He had never given her a reason to not trust him so she always had trusted him. Why should she stop now?

"No...you haven't...which is why I don't believe them baby. I love you," Demi pecked his lips and was ready to take it so much further to relieve some of her tension and stress from the extended practices but she caught a whiff of his body and pushed him off of her.

"But you need to shower," Demi giggled as Trey chuckled and pulled her off of the bed. She was tired too but she would give anything to spend some quality time with her man. They didn't get a lot of that lately.

"You can come join me. I think our shower is big enough for the both of us." Trey extended his hand out to her and even though her bed was comfortable, the thought of being in her husband's arms was more appealing than anything so she took his hand and allowed him to lead her into their luxurious private bathroom.

"You're gonna win, right?" Technically Demi wasn't supposed to be in the boy's locker room before game time, or at any time, but it was completely empty and Trey had a few minutes to spare before he had to be out on the court. It was still so surreal for her. Trey was living his dream and she was living hers, and they were both still so young. Demi was close to graduating college and then she wanted to go to medical school to get her MD, but she also wanted to stay in New York and support her fiancée because getting drafted right out of college was a huge deal. And he got to play on the same team as his brother with his fiancée rooting for him on the sidelines.

"Of course, baby." The playoffs were coming up and they needed to keep winning to get into the playoffs. Trey also was working hard so that he wouldn't get dropped and forced to find another team. He wanted to go all the way with the Brooklyn Nets and he could do that if he just stayed focused.

"Me and you against the world?" Demi asked and Trey nodded, capturing her lips in a sweet kiss before pulling away.

"Me and you against the world." He squeezed her butt and she giggled before pulling away and exiting the locker room. She still had to go get ready herself so she jogged to the girl's locker room where everyone seemed to be waiting for her.

"Too busy being a hoe to get ready with the rest of us?" One of the girls on the team, Mila, spat as Demi rolled her eyes and went to grab her shoes.

"Nah, I was just wishing my fiancée good luck," Demi retorted, waving her hand with the ring on her finger in the air as some of the girls "oohed" but continued getting ready. Demi had worked way too hard to be captain of this time to take crap from some salty little girl.

"Do you and Trey mind babysitting tonight? I wanna spend the night with Sean...alone," Naya questioned. After getting married the summer after graduation, after she had given birth to their daughter Leilani, Naya had auditioned for the Brooklynettes since she didn't end up going to college like she wanted to. At first she didn't make the team but she took some dance classes and came back to audition and she finally made it. It was like all their dreams had come true and life couldn't get any better.

"Well I don't mind but you might wanna have a plan B because Trey is usually exhausted after games," Demi replied, spraying hair spray all over her curls so that they would stay. She fixed the cropped top that she was wearing and pulled her shorts down a little bit before applying some lipgloss.

"Alright girls, let's get ready to go!" Demi clapped and everyone huddled together.

"Feel the energy of the crowd and never stop smiling. If you mess up, keep going. Never lose your game face. Let's do this." They all put their hands in and did their team chant before exiting the locker room. Demi always saw herself as a cheerleader and being on a dance team was so much different. She never thought that she would be captain either, because some of the girls on the team had been dancing since they could walk and she had only been taking classes for three years.

They walked into the pit where the basketball players were and huddled ahead of them to walk them out. As she walked past Trey, his hand cupped her ass and she playfully smacked him before getting into her spot.

"That uniform looks good on you," Trey whispered into her ear. Demi just smirked and fixed her hair as they heard the announcer introduce them. She fixed her smile and ran out with the rest of the girls with the boys right behind them. This is what she always wanted. Trey as the professional basketball player, and her as his support system, cheering him on whether he won or lost. It was them against the world, just like it was supposed to be.

Trey and Demi are engaged in this. I edited it and some of the parts got mixed up. I'm sorry for the confusion.