Epilogue

Five Years Later

After four long, grueling years of medical school that made her question why she had even wanted to become a psychiatrist in the first place, Demi was finally graduating. She had made it. She had finished medical school at Harvard Medical and now she just had to complete her residency and she would officially be a psychiatrist. It wasn't easy, especially with two children, but she had made it. And her husband had supported her along the way...well most of the way.

"Morning Dr. Demi," she heard Trey whisper into her neck. She lightly giggled and turned around to face him, caressing his cheeks in her hands before placing a chaste kiss on his lips.

"It's Dr. Neverson to you. Why are you up so early?"

"Why are you up so early?"

"I just can't believe I'm graduating today. I'm not at the top of my class but...I'm still graduating. And I get to start my residency this summer. I just can't believe this is happening," Demi breathed out as Trey rolled onto his back so she rested her head on his chest.

"You're number four, Demi. That's pretty high. And you did it with two crazy ass kids. I'm so proud of you," Trey said as he kissed the top of her head. But she responded with a slap to his chest.

"Stop calling our kids crazy. They're not crazy. They're hyperactive," Demi said, causing Trey to roll his eyes, but he didn't say anything back.

The summer after Trey finished training in Spain was when Demi gave birth to Kaden and Kai. They found out they were having twins a few months before when Trey made a comment about Demi being bigger than the average pregnant woman. He had slept on the couch for the week but then Demi forgave him when their doctor explained that she was so big because they were having twins.

Kaden and Kai were extremely hyperactive. They were always jumping all over the place and getting into everything, which Demi and Trey didn't understand because they had been the calmest babies ever. They only cried when they wanted to be fed or changed, and they just liked to be talked to all of the time. But as soon as they started walking, all bets were off.

Now that they were four, their personalities were really shining through. Kaden was more like his mother while Kai took after her father. But Kai looked exactly like Demi while Kaden looked just like his father. Kaden clung to Demi while Kai always wanted to be with her daddy. Together they were the terrible two. But they were basically inseparable. It was cute to watch until they started fighting with each other.

"Should we get up? You know the kids take forever to get ready," Trey questioned but Demi shook her head.

The day wasn't going to start until she wanted it to. Five years had flown by and she couldn't believe everything that she had accomplished. After having the twins, she finally enrolled in medical school, much to Trey's dismay. It was because they moved closer to Harvard Medical so the commute wasn't as long. She hadn't even told Trey that she had enrolled and registered for her classes until her first day of class. He was livid, and of course he didn't support her at first, but he got over it. Demi didn't give him much of a choice.

April moved to New York to watch the kids while Demi went to school and Trey went to practice. His career was still thriving after playing on the Olympic team and taking his team to the playoffs. There were talks of moving him to a different team but Trey said he wasn't going anywhere because of Demi's residency.

"I don't want this day to start until I'm ready for it to start," Demi whispered as she looked out of the window at the breaking dawn.

"I vividly remember you saying something like that on the day of our high school graduation," Trey said as Demi furrowed her eyebrows until she realized what he was talking about.